PDA

View Full Version here: : HEQ5pro Meridian Flip

38degsouth
27-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Hi all,

I use a HEQ5pro mount (carrying my C9.25) to video record asteroid occultations and I have a predicted event tomorrow night that is located very close to north (ie azimuth 0deg). Does meridian flip occur right on 'north' as it tracks? If so, is there a setting that can stop it from happening? My recordings normally run for about 7 mins, sometimes up to 20 mins, so I'd only need to (potentially) track that far past north.

My SynScan handset runs version 3.35.

Thanks in advance - Dean

raymo
27-06-2016, 04:25 PM
There is a full Synscan user's manual[46 pages] on the Skywatcher website
which covers everything. Have a look at that.
raymo

38degsouth
27-06-2016, 05:19 PM
OK, so a bit of online research had me find that the meridian flip options were introduced in v3.36

Access to menu “Setup\Flipping Mode\ “,
• Scroll to “Auto Flipping“ and press ENTER key to let the hand control decide automatically.
• Scroll to “Force Flipping“ and press ENTER key to force the mount to perform a meridian
flipping for the next GOTO ONLY.
• Scroll to “No Flipping“ and press ENTER key to forbid the mount to perform a meridian flipping
for the next GOTO ONLY.

Does anyone know what happens using version 3.35? Will the mount continue past the meridian until 'next goto'? If so, then that'd be fine. I could of course test this with my mount fully set up, but was hoping someone might have a quick answer here. I don't really want to update the firmware unless I really have to...

Thanks again - Dean