PDA

View Full Version here: : Some shots from my trip to NZ

AstroJason
18-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Another rainy weekend in Sydney has me going through my photos of my recent trip to New Zealand back in April this year.

All shot with my Canon 6D and 16-35mm f/2.8L II or 70-200mm f/4L IS lenses.

Here are a few of my faves. I really can't wait to go back! 10 days was not enough!

REVEREND
18-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Very nice.Luv the place. We were there in March, and I reckon my shots are nearly identical.

Cheers Reverend

AstroJason
19-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Cheers Raymond. Ahh so just before us mate. Pretty funny you say the shots are nearly identical. For example, the first photo in the lineup I posted here, I have seen pretty much the same shot on Instagram about thousand times. I almost do a double take when I see similar shots thinking they are mine!

Cimitar
19-06-2016, 12:15 PM
They're beautiful Jason, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Makes me want to go back to NZ for a 4th time! :rofl:
Cheers, Evan

killswitch
19-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Good stuff Jase.. captured the amazing scenery well

AstroJason
20-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Cheers Evan! 4th time huh? That is awesome. But I understand why you would go back so many times, it's a beautiful country. I would love to go back for a 2nd time!

Cheers Ed. It's very difficult to get a bad shot!

Akwestland
20-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Jason,

Thanks for the shots. The wife and I did our first (and last) trip there a couple of years ago. A number of your shots I have sat here and said "yes, I know that road". Absolutely beautiful place, we spent 3 weeks and that is no where near enough, it is a great land. I am always at the boss asking when can we go back. One day I am sure it will happen. The best photos, and map (with our route drawn in) are now a feature wall in our dining room.

Cheers,
Andrew.

AstroJason
22-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Not a problem mate, nice to know they reminded you of some good memories. It is a stunning country, honestly everywhere you turn it is just beautiful. I was like a kid in a candy store with my camera!

3 weeks was still not enough huh? Good to know, I would love to do a few months there, touring around at a leisurely pace.

You guys gotta go back, as do I. That is a great idea to have the map and the route drawn on it in your dinning room. A constant reminder of good times had and that you must go back some time!

Dealy
22-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Very nice shots Jason.

Our trip 5 years ago was probably the best holiday I've ever had. An absolutely beautiful place to visit (but who would live there? ;))

I took a panoramic from near where you took photo 1 from. Looks like the pine trees have been cut down since I was there :(

AstroJason
22-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Cheers for that Kev.

I honestly think I could live there. But I love that pace of life and being far away from cities.

Wow that really has surprised me. I thought you may have been mistaken and shot that somewhere else because it just looks so different. I really like the pine trees. I wonder why they cut them down? I am assuming they must not be native then?

Octane
28-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Ah, New Zealand, how I miss thee, let me count the ways...

I went twice a year for landscape photography trips from 2007 to 2013, then I got married and my life ended. :P

Lovely stuff. Makes me want to go back, so bad.

H

AstroJason
30-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Haha too funny mate!

But gee, awesome that you used to go twice a year for photography trips. I would love to do that.