PDA

View Full Version here: : AZEQ6 strip down guide

DJScotty
23-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Hi there all...
With the 1000 camera back in the UK for the THIRD time, I thought it was time to do something I had put off for a LOOOONG time... Get in and clean the worm and drive gears on my AZEQ6 mount.

After lots of web searches I came up with very few suitable guides for doing this for this specific mount.
SO, I thought I would write my own guide to assist those AZEQ6 owners who wished to do the same thing.

Download from here (I promise this is not a virus etc)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wmcja2kui2w3s7/AZEQ6%20Stripdown%20guide%20final.p df?dl=0

If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to text or call on 0422 690 380

Cheers,

DJ Scotty :D

Slawomir
24-05-2016, 06:17 AM
A great guide Scott - thank you for your time and effort invested in putting it together.

T800, huh? I will never look at my mount in the same way again! :lol:

killswitch
24-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks for this Scott, top effort :thumbsup:

Had Skywatcher spent the extra $5 on decent lube, we wouldn't need to tear it down.

garymck
24-05-2016, 03:40 PM
This is a great guide, I'm very appreciative of your efforts. My mount doesn't need to be stripped down at the moment, but perhaps in the future.

By the way, what sort of guiding improvement did you achieve?

cheers
Gary

Retrograde
24-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Great resource. Thanks for putting this together.
No immediate plans to do mine as yet but I suspect it will need to be done at some stage. :thumbsup:

DJScotty
24-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Thanks all for the positive feedback.

Gary, unfortunately, due to having no imaging camera AGAIN, I haven't actually had a proper test, but I can say the severe backlash in the DEC axis is gone and the RA PE seems to have smoothed out a little. If nothing else the DEC axis improvement was certainly worth it as I had to wait sometimes 10 minutes for the DEC axis to settle down...

Cheers all :D

Fred_76
09-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Very good idea Scott, thank for the strip down guide !

Since may, did you have time to use your mount ?

Many AzEQ6 users report problems to balance the mount because of excessive friction in the axis, even with clutches completely loosen.

Could someone show where on your guide the adjustments could be made to reduce the friction of the axis ?

Clear sky

Fred

Bart
17-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Hi Scott, any updates on how this mount is performing since the clean up?

Cheers. :thumbsup: