PDA

View Full Version here: : Focus problems with a Lunt LS60THa/B600C solar scope

5ash
14-05-2016, 03:22 PM
I cannot reach focus on this telescope without using an extension in the 1.25" diagonal. Is this normal with standard eyepieces and are Lunt eyepieces much longer to accomodate this. There is no where I can see in the paper work to suggest there is a problem with non Lunt eyepieces and the scope works perfectly otherwise.Has any one else come across this problem ?
Regards philip:shrug:

Derek Klepp
14-05-2016, 03:27 PM
The diagonal itself is adjustable you have to slide it back a bit .The reason is that some camera systems need that in focus

5ash
14-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi Derek, tried sliding it back a bit and found no difference, I'll try again. The diagonal is an optical element not just a diagonal from looking at it?
Thanks philip

Derek Klepp
14-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Phillip just had a look at my Lunt 60 and my diagonal is slid back about 3cm then re tightened .The whole diagonal is the blocking filter which when removed and the extension which slides into the scope unscrewed you should see a clear green coloured glass.If this is clouded over it needs replacing or cleaning.hope this helps

GUS.K
14-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Like Derek said, you have to pull out the diagonal tube about 40mm or so, lock it in place and then use the focuser as you would on a normal scope.First image shows where I usually have the diagonal drawtube to reach focus, and second image is with drawtube in the fully in position. In the fully in position you will not reach focus.

wavelandscott
15-05-2016, 02:53 PM
I learned this lesson too with my first outing with my Lunt 60 mm solar scope. I later went back and read the manual and it is also mentioned there to do exactly what Gus.K's pictures show.

5ash
15-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info guys
Regards philip