PDA

View Full Version here: : RASNZ conference and astrophotography workshop - 20-24 May 2016, Napier, NZ

john_drummond
18-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Hi.

I just got an email from OPT (Oceanside Photo and Telescope – one of the biggest astro suppliers in the world, the one that I get 99% of my astro gear from), and they are advertising an annual imaging competition. Who took their winning image (below) but NZ's very own Rolf Olsen! This is one of many reasons we chose Rolf as our main speaker at this year’s Royal Astronomical Society of New Zealand's (RASNZ) astrophotography workshop – he’s just so dashed good; a real asset to NZ astrophotography. I was at the National Australian Convention of Amateur Astronomers (NACAA) a few weeks ago and they had an astrophotography workshop on the Monday. Interestingly, the only thing that they focused on (excuse pun) was PixInsight (the main astro image processing software used by many of the world’s best). Rolf is an expert in it – as his results below show. Rolf’s explanation of/ experience with PixInsight will be the main thrust of the workshop – and one that whoever attends will learn heaps from. It’s the future of image processing. So come along and learn from one of the world’s best imagers! To register go to -
http://www.rasnz.org.nz/

Note that there is an additional $20 ‘late fee’ for the RASNZ conference if paid after 20 April. So be in today or tomorrow for the RASNZ conference (Fri 20 – Sun 22 May in Napier) then the astrophotography workshop on the Monday, Tuesday (until 2pm). Note that you don’t have to be a RASNZ member to attend.

For more of Rolf’s incredible work go to - http://www.rolfolsenastrophotography.com/

So make the most of this great opportunity!:D

Regards
==============================
John Drummond, Possum Observatory, IAU Code E94, Gisborne, New Zealand (177d 53' E, 38d 38' S)

john_drummond
18-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Oops, sorry Andrew. Thanks for the directive.
Regards
John

RB
18-04-2016, 08:09 PM
No worries John.

Cheers
Andrew

:thumbsup: