PDA

View Full Version here: : Clarification on model of telescope I have acquired

Ihaveatelescope
10-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Hi, let me preface this by stating this is NOT FOR SALE.

I have been advised by moderators here that within 30 days of making an account I may not advertise anything for sale here. So I am not, I am simply asking for some advice as I am not an astronomy enthusiast. I do not wish to flaunt the rules, but genuinely need advice and as such will not sell this telescope on this website.

My mother bought my stepfather this Meade LX90 GPS telescope some years ago. http://imgur.com/654JIrL

It was never used and has now come into my possession. I would just like to clarify some information so that I may be educated when I do choose to sell it here in 30 days or privately.

So, I understand its not the ACF version but can anyone ascertain the approximate size or the exact model from this image? and any advice for its approximate value if advertised somewhere like say gumtree.

Regulus
10-04-2016, 12:58 PM
If you take the cap off there will be all the info you need written in white around the edge of the front lens. Well, except the price, which you can determine by finding similar scopes advertised on other forums. A google search will often turn up a few on various sale sites.