PDA

View Full Version here: : Getting piers made in Brisbane

Spookyer
17-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Hi all, I am after quotes to get two piers made. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some places I could try locally on Brisbane northside.

thanks
Brett

lazjen
18-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I can't help, but if you do find any place suitable in Brisbane, could you report back? I'm thinking about getting a pier as well.

I see there's a place called Pegasus Piers but I can't work out if they're local or not. It's not an item I really want to pay shipping on.

Somnium
18-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Pegasus piers made my pier, Phil is relatively local but shipping for me was not crazy expensive. Pegasus will be more expensive than if you go to a shop and get a pier welded up but they look fantastic, are extremely steady and can be made with the right mounting plate for your mount

PeterM
27-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Brett if you like I can put you intouch with Phil from Pegasus piers. He is in Brissy and is a good mate of mine, both my scopes are on Pegasus piers. They are indeed excellent and look great. Phil can pretty much make to most specs.

Spookyer
27-03-2016, 07:21 AM
thanks Peter, I googled and got a email address so have sent my plans off for a quote.

cheers
Brett

thunderchildobs
27-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Phil made a custom pier for my PME. Excellent work.

Brendan

Manav
29-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Hi Chris - First of all I apologize that I never checked and responded to the question you asked in my thread a while back regarding the pier build (This is what I'm talking about (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=113485&page=2&highlight=skyshed))

Anyhow, the pier is stable and I never needed to fill it with sand.

I would recommend you contact local metal works/fabricators and ask for quotes. Who knows you may be able to negotiate more if you end up going together with Brett!

There would be loads of them in Brisbane just google and start emailing. I sent a couple of emails and got responses for almost all of them.

You can copy the design and the specs I ended up using. Metal workers love designs and can give you quick quote if you are open and provide as much detail as possible

Hope that helps :)