PDA

View Full Version here: : Dovetail Plate - Anyone recognize this

UniPol
17-03-2016, 07:17 PM
This 'D' dovetail plate came with a set of Tak double rings for my TOA-130 some while back and I would like another one for a set of TSA-120 double rings. There is no branding and I have looked at the usual suspects such as Losmandy, Farpoint etc. The hole centres are 150mm & 90mm. Any clues people?

JohnG
17-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Didn't BT Technologies make similar Takahashi dovetail plates, seem to remember them from quite a few years ago, if I remember correctly the owner of that company passed away, OPT did have some BT Technologies branded stuff on their site....

Allan
17-03-2016, 10:01 PM
I've got a BT Tech plate that I use on my Tak, and I must say the machining looks very similar to your photo. That plate looks a bit dated and it might be a challenge to find another one.

gbeal
18-03-2016, 12:23 PM
If it is a BT Technologies plate you will struggle to get another. The owner, Brian did indeed pass away, quite a few years ago.

I had quite a bit of contact with him when he had the business, but lost contact until one day out of the blue I got an e mail from his wife advising me he had died suddenly. It came as a shock.
Gary

issdaol
18-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Pretty sure that is NOT a BT technology plate......

It is more similar to a ADM made plate or maybe even a very early one from Losmandy perhaps

UniPol
19-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I suspect it may be an early product of some of the manufacturers you have mentioned. It is not as well finished as current plates on the market but quite acceptable.

It was indeed a real shame that Brian from BT Technologies left this world far too early. His products were of excellent quality. I have attached a some pics of a couple of Tak plates I use fairly often made by BTT.