PDA

View Full Version here: : Skywatcher ED80 Pro Maintenance Question

NeilW
04-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Hi,

I've got an ED80 Pro Gold model. Can anyone tell me if the front glass element is easily removed (I've taken the front hood off). I've been told it should just unscrew, but I can't shift it. I want to clean the rear of the lens.

Thanks,

omegacrux
04-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Should just unscrew mine is easley removed , it's the Pro Gold aswel

David

janoskiss
04-03-2016, 09:25 PM
I'd try compressed air (low pressure first, increased gradually) through the focusser end. I used to own one of these scopes (Saxon branded) but never considered removing the objective lens. I'd be too scared to mess up the collimation.

ab1963
04-03-2016, 11:54 PM
I have the gold ed 100 and my advice to you is if it is not effecting viewing i would leave it alone,they are a great scope and if something went wrong you will be kicking yourself,don't forget the sw ed's have metallic coatings and would be easily damaged so if it really does need cleaning and they have to be pretty bad to ,pay someone who knows what they are doing,that's my 2 bobs worth

NeilW
05-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Thanks guys, yeah, I reckon I might just leave it alone.

Sylvain
05-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Yes, just leave it alone, you will not see any gains whatsoever from cleaning a few tiny dust particles stuck on the back of your lens. Really is negligible.