PDA

View Full Version here: : Hello from SA

RedLeaderOne
29-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Hi guy's, I'm from S.A. I love looking at the Stars and I have just started learning to take photos of them as well. I hope to learn some tricks from you guy's.

BeanerSA
29-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Howdy

doppler
29-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Welcome, Red Leader, obviously another star wars fan. :thumbsup:

RedLeaderOne
29-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Thanks! Did the name give it away. Lol

doppler
01-03-2016, 12:44 AM
As a fan from the first....obvoius.....yes.
Loved the lastest film, rebooted back to the old style nicely.
Lots of si-fi fans here.

SkyWatch
01-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Hi Malcolm,
The Astronomical Society of SA (ASSA) has a lot of resources and help for someone starting out. We have an astrophotography group with a lot of keen members (no experience required), and you can come to our monthly education meetings (you don't need to be a member to come), which are held at 7pm before our general meetings. Have a look at our site for details: https://www.assa.org.au/

- Dean

(PS: Just noticed your location. Our observatory is at Stockport, which I guess you could call "lower mid-north", and we have quite a few country members, some of whom are very keen imagers and probably don't live too far from you. We have a group of keen members who meet near Wallaroo too. Members can also download videos of our meetings if they are unable to attend.
If you send me a PM I can try to find members who may live nearby if you are interested.)

RedLeaderOne
01-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Thanks!