PDA

View Full Version here: : Hello, calling Stellarvue... Anyone home?

Andy01
11-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Warning, bit of a rant ahead....

So having decided to purchase a new Stellarvue Sv70t refractor, I bought their club membership to get their discounts but still had a couple of questions about the right adaptors for my QSI etc.

I've now emailed them four times in the past fortnight, to both the generic an Vic@ email addresses without a response.

Thinking maybe my emails are caught up in their spam filter, I've also posted the request for info on their FB page, without a response.

But the automated response on their webpage ordering system keeps emailing me asking me to complete my order!
To which I reply, without response.

I don't want to stump up the not inconsiderable $ without having my questions answered by an actual person first.

It just a busy one man show with a great website or are they out of business?

I'm on the verge of picking up the phone and calling them direct in the USA.

Any SV owners know what's going on?

Cheers
Andy

Larryp
11-02-2016, 07:00 AM
I bought two of their scopes and never had a communication problem-Vic was always prompt at replying to my email questions, as was the office staff. Don't know what the problem would be.

MortonH
11-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Stellarvue's spam filter is almost legendary.

Not sure how often Vic uses their Facebook page but he is a regular poster on their Yahoo forum:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Stellarvue/conversations/messages

Mind you, his last post was 2 February so he may be too busy to go online - it happens during their busy periods.

Calling them is a good idea. You'll probably be able to talk to Vic himself. I know another IIS member who has talked to him recently before buying the SVQ100.

Andy01
11-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Thanks gents for the heads up. I got on the 'phone and called them in USA and Vic answered himself. Had a nice chat & he was quick to apologise, as indeed his spam filter had gobbled up all my emails.

Order placed and now looking forward to a bouncing baby new 'scope.

Cheers
Andy

MortonH
11-02-2016, 12:43 PM
That's great, Andy!

brian nordstrom
11-02-2016, 10:11 PM
:D now thats service !!! , I too have dealt personally with Vic he is a top bloke . :thumbsup: that loves astronomy and telescopes .
Brian.

PCH
17-02-2016, 11:54 AM
What's "service"?

You mean that he answered the phone! It's what people do almost daily in business as I understand it ;)

Otherwise nothing about Andy's comment reflected anything out of the ordinary as far as I can see.

No offence intended.