PDA

View Full Version here: : New Imaging Control center

stanlite
01-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Hello All

Thought i would share my solution to components and cable management i have made using a PVC enclosure by GEwiss. It is rated to IP56 specs so should keep the water off my mini pc and other electrics. As you can see i have used weather proof nipples for cable management with 240V, 12V and Ethernet and USB connections in separate channels.

Everything fits snuggle in the box which is 300X220X120mm weighs approx 500 grams and has built in bolt hinges. Total cost to setup $55.

This solves cable management for me down from about 8 running up the mount to just three (a 12, 240 and Ethernet connection). Hope to field test it on the weekend :P.

h0ughy
01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
awesome Grady - the PC wont overheat in that will it?

stanlite
01-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Not sure. shouldn't be a problem as the max draw for the PC is 1.5amps at 12V. The main issue will be the CCD PSU which is 240V at 5 amps so there will be a bit of heat coming of that. The goal is to replace that however with an external 12V power supply and just run the cable up the the QHY box. It looks clutered but there is quite a bit of space and air between everything.

glend
01-02-2016, 11:33 PM
I would stick a fan on it with vent holes on opposite side. The heat of the mini PC is not an issue when it is sitting in open air but inside a box it will gradually heat up with no airflow.