PDA

View Full Version here: : Illuminated Reticle

RKenning
27-01-2016, 02:15 PM
I thought I would post a short 'heads up' on my experience with an illuminated reticle.
I bought a unit complete with 22mm EP from Bintel and it worked fine for the first couple of uses. On around the third time I used it, the batteries were flat and the unit didn't feel as though it had a positive 'off' click. I replaced the batteries and discovered that even when it is off you can see a faint glow from the LED. I discovered that the small Phillips head screw that holds the switch knob to the switch shaft was loose. I removed the 'On/Off' sticker to locate the screw and duly tightened it down. It now has a positive on/off action and works like new. A word of caution. The unit is made up of three segments, the battery compartment segment, and the circuit board segment. I highly recommend not unscrewing the circuit board section, as the torsional twist on the wire will possibly break the solder joints and will require resoldering.
Apart from that, it is a brilliant piece of equipment and definitely aids in your two-star alignment accuracy. Cheers - Rob