PDA

View Full Version here: : where to buy these mounts in Australia?

LeonConstantine
27-01-2016, 02:38 AM
I'm interestiing in some mount for my backyard photography. but kind of having hard time to find them in Australia.

I found some dealer sells them but price is even higher than buy directly from US plus huge shipping cost(talk about $1000 shipping cost),

It will be very helpful if anyone can tell me where and what is the best price I can get in Australia.

the mount list is here

*paramount MyT
*10u gm1000hps
*AP Mach 1

btw, I know Peter from HongKong doing the best price for Takahashi products, but his price for American products is not as fantastic.

glend
27-01-2016, 05:28 AM
I believe that Peter from HongKong is not allowed to ship to Australia, his prices are local only.

Atmos
27-01-2016, 06:53 AM
I did the calculations on the first two a few weeks ago. The MyT at ~$13,000 from Bintel is pretty much what I could import it at considering shipping and AUD at $0.66 against the US. Claude at AEC also pretty much equaled what I could import the GM1000 from TS.

glnn_23
27-01-2016, 09:44 AM
There is an Astro Physics distributer here in Australia for the AP Mach 1

http://www.atscope.com.au

glend
27-01-2016, 10:45 AM
No disrespect for local distributors but I doubt that supply chain is going to save you money. A local distributor may be able to buy for slightly less but they put a margin on it as well.
Find the best price wherever it is. A small local distributor is not going to be holding stock or parts for that mount so there is no real advantage.

Somnium
27-01-2016, 10:58 AM
ATS generally charges published US prices converted to AUD + GST. you are unlikely to get better than that, apart from a better conversion rate.