PDA

View Full Version here: : Minor site style change

mojo
17-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Hi all,
I've updated the site styles slightly. Which for the regulars, who have the site cached, you may have to press ctrl+F5 (IE & Firefox) to reload the entire site... and make it look pretty again :)

Thank you.

ballaratdragons
17-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Terry,

what have you done to the site?????

about 30% of it is off the screen. I did the Cntrl/f5 tice, logged off and back on, everything! Still 30% off screen.

mojo
17-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Ah. I know what you're looking at. It's because of bloodhound31's very very very long title in general chat, with no spaces.
I'll have to do something to stop that happening I suppose :computer: oh sigh!

Dennis
17-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Everything looks fine my end - IE6 with SP2 and every update MS can throw at me!

Thanks to you guys in the engine room - your work may often go unnoticed but the service and results are always appreciated.

Cheers

Dennis

EDIT: Was IE6 with SP6. Now is SP2.

mojo
17-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Thanks Dennis :thumbsup:

bird
17-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Looking good here also, Mozilla 1.7.13 on linux

cheers, Bird

sheeny
17-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Looks good to me.

I have been away on leave for a few weeks, so maybe my short/medium/long term memory is playing silly buggers with me, but weren't there some links to sponsors on the left hand side bar before? Were they deliberately removed, or should I be on drugs???

...hmmm or were they just the sponsors of prizes for the IIS is 2 comp???

Al.

iceman
17-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Answered your own question, Al! :)

Dujon
17-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Terry,

Just for information purposes in case it's of any assistance.

I.E. (signing is as a guest) seems to be fine.

Using FF (my usual browser) I lose part of the right hand side of the page and the horizontal scroll bar is not active. I've attached a small image to better explain what I mean.

I'm using 1280 x 1024 resolution on Win XP Pro.

mojo
17-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Looks like the old style, John. You just have to refresh your cache. Should be ok then. Thanks.

ballaratdragons
17-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Terry, something wierd is happening now.

When I click on 'Quick Links' the same window opens up but with a different menu across the top.

Instead of opening the "quick Link' list all that happens is the normal Menu changes from this:
User CP - FAQ - Members List - Calendar - New Posts - Search - Quick Links - Log Out

to this Menu:
User CP - FAQ - Members List - Calendar - Search - New Posts - Mark Forums Read - Open Buddy List - Log Out

:shrug:

mojo
18-10-2006, 02:19 AM
I didn't change the forum. I don't know what could be causing that?

Dujon
18-10-2006, 11:08 AM
You were correct, Terry. I'm sure that I'd done the ^F5 bizzo. I turned off the browser (I have it set to delete all the rubbish history, clear the cache - but not the cookies when I do so).

It came up fine.

Sorry if I mislead anyone.

ballaratdragons
18-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Terry,

Here is a screenshot of what comes up when I click on 'Quick Links'.

Another page opens in another thread, and a different list of items in the Menu.

:scared: I think my pooter is haunted!

mojo
18-10-2006, 04:41 PM
That's bizarre Ken! I honestly don't know what to tell you. I can't even think of a way that I could get that to happen on purpose.

ballaratdragons
19-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Terry, what have you done!!!!!!! :eyepop:

It's getting worse, aaaggghhhh!!!!

My pooter is possessed!

Now when I click on 'Quick Links', not only do I get the wierd menu as shown above, but now I get another window open up as well!!!!!!

Pic below of what is happening now just by clicking on 'Quick Links'. :help:

mojo
19-10-2006, 03:02 AM
mmm I think it may be your computer. I'm good, but I'm not that good to get it to do that on only your computer :)
Clean your cache. Something has been corrupted.
Does it do that with another browser or just Firefox?

Thinking about it, all your problems seems to be Javascript related. Nothing has changed with the forum. So have a look if you've installed any firefox extensions, popup blockers, or firefox extensions that could be effecting the way the forum behaves.