PDA

View Full Version here: : FeatherTouch Focuser help

Phoenix
01-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi folks

I'm looking to sell a FTF2015 which is surplus to my needs (its about 6 years old) but for the life of me I don't know whether it is the braked or non-braked version (FTF2015BCR or FTF2015CR). I was hoping someone might know by looking at the photos attached.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Steve

MattT
03-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Hi Steve,
I have a braked FT that looks the same. Really have no idea as to what the brake part is but I guess its the thumb screw underneath....never used this feature.
Matt

casstony
03-12-2015, 08:29 AM
I think the thumbscrew is the brake - turning it greatly changes the carrying capacity of the focuser. You can leave it unscrewed for light loads or tighten it a bit to carry a few kilo's.

Allan
03-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Matt and Tony are correct. I use the brake/thumbscrew when I use the binoviewer to stop the extra weight from pushing the focuser inward.

Phoenix
03-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Hi Folks, thanks for your comments.

I thought the thumb screw was simply the focuser lock. I thought all braked and non braked focusers have a focuser lock thumb screw(??). I was thinking the 'braked' version was the ability to apply tension as a braking system that was separate to the focuser lock. I didn't mention it before but what is the round hex-head screw to the left of the themb screw? I was thinking this was the brake and the thumb screw is the focuser lock.

Okay so what is the Hex-head screw?

Good to know that the focuser is the braked version though; if that is the consensus. Thank you all.

Cheers
Steve