PDA

View Full Version here: : Perth 14/11/15

brian nordstrom
18-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Well we had a very interesting night last Saturday with about 10 people coming around to Peters for an informal star party .

People started arriving about 6pm and by twilight the scopes were all set up ( see photo ) but there was an ominous dark cloud band decending from the north , lightning was seen in in the distance inside this bad boy ,, oops :sadeyes: .

So we pulled the scope under cover and watched this monster decend on Perth , and what a spectacular show it put on , over an hour of full on lightning and thunder but luckily it passed just west of us so we only got a few rain spits , nothing more .
I managed to snap a few lightning shots with my Windows phone , man that is hard !!!.

But after the storm passed the sky cleared and we were treated to some of the steadiest skies I have ever seen , Sirius was rising in the south east and was hardly twinkling , E and F stars in the trapezium at about 15 degrees off the horizon were easily seen in my c9.25 at 125x and Simmo's 10inch SW Dob , well worth the wait .

But all good things come to an end as by 11pm the seeing was deterorating rapidly as more clouds rolled in so we called it a night .

All in all quite a different star party with mother nature putting on an awesome show , close at hand and in space , thanks all who attended and we will do it again soon :D.

Enjoy the photos .

Brian.

:shrug:Having no end of trouble trying to down load photos , will try again soon ,,,,,,

brian nordstrom
18-11-2015, 02:12 PM
:shrug:Oh well here goes .

1st is setting up in perfect weather.

2nd is the bad boy storm bearing down on us :eyepop:.

3rd and 4th is the storm .

And last is actual star gazing.

Brian.