PDA

View Full Version here: : 4se mak to 1.25" adapter

sgazer
10-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Hi all,

I have a Celestron 4se mak and I need to use the rear port specifically (mak threaded port) to hold a 1.25" eyepiece.

Problem is;

I can find a mak to t-thread adapter, but no t-thread mounting star diagonals or 1.25" eyepiece holders or.....

I can find a sct mounting star diagonal, but no mak-sct adapters.

Any ideas please? Preferably from an Australian shop. Thanks

dannat
10-11-2015, 08:26 PM
i have one mak thread to 1.25" holder on the slt127 mak -came with scope -you sure the mak doesn't have the same rear port thread as the small SCT's?
the part i have is just like this 1-25 to mak_sc thread (http://www.astroshop.eu/extension-reduction-adaptors/bresser-1-25-eyepiece-holder-for-sc-mak-thread-required-for-tele-extender-/p,10427)
not sure if you'll get one locally, try Matt at telescopes-astronomy.com (www.telescopes-astronomy.com.au) in SA, better to call than email

sgazer
10-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks, yes that's what I'm after, difficult to get some things locally, but I'll try that shop thanks

g__day
10-11-2015, 11:31 PM
From vague memory they have a unique (read pain in the rear to source) adapter into a prism or other connector.

This might work for $60

http://shop.australiangeographic.com.au/celestron-c90-t-adaptor-mak-4se.html?gclid=CPqrnYz6hckCFdgTvQod rlUDeg

I bought one the 4SE here second hand once for about $400 - not knowing about the special connector, nor that to colliminate the scope if it is required you have to totally dismantle the rear end make a guessed adjustment, reassemble it totally and see if your adjustment worked or not. The collimination was horrible on the one I bought and by the time the parts had arrived to test the optics the seller wasn't helpful. I figured trial and error fixing the collimination would take well over a week of many hours a night adjustment - so I wrote it off as a bad investment and learnt from that.

I ended up in total disgust throwing the OTA away, the only regret purchase I ever made here, and thankfully a small one. I wish you much better luck with yours!