PDA

View Full Version here: : Motorised focuser kits

E_ri_k
07-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Are there any TAK owners with motorised focuses? I was looking at the Moonlite as I had one on my old scope, and really liked it, but then thought there might be kits to add on to the existing 4" focuser. I found that Feather Touch offer a Focus Boss kit for Takahashi. Works out around $1K, which was cheaper the the Moonlite option. That includes all the hardware, mounting and temperature sensor.

What are your guys thoughts?

Erik

gregbradley
07-11-2015, 06:49 PM
For what its worth when I was researching focuser units I found one guy who was using the Feathertouch Boss on his AP RHA which is quite demanding of focus with a small critical focus zone. The latest version also has a large number of steps.

Greg.

LewisM
07-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Sharpsky Pro - can't recommend it highly enough. And only $600 AUS complete, posted.

http://www.sharpsky.net/

Hub even has dew heater ports. FABULOUS.

I use one on my Tak FSQ-106N

acropolite
08-11-2015, 02:16 PM
+ 1 for Sharpsky, temperature measurement and compensation is also a feature. Support for the sharpsky is second to none.

E_ri_k
09-11-2015, 08:40 PM
It does look very good Greg. I have found the TOA to have a very tight focusing zone also. I'd be interested to see how it attaches to the TAK focuser.

Erik

Looks like a great option also Lewis. Would you mind sharing a photo of how it's attached to your scope? Reading the website it was my understanding that one would be required to drill and tap holes in the focuser to screw the bracket on. Something I could do, but not with out a little discomfort!

Erik

Temperature measurement would be a must also. Im glad it has that also.
Erik

Paul Haese
12-11-2015, 10:01 AM
I am using Robofocus by Technical Innovations. Works well and very reliable.