PDA

View Full Version here: : Celestron Starsense Auto Align Camera

sirius1
26-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Celestron Starsense camera sounds a good idea for aligning your telescoppe for those who cannot do a polar alignment due to obstucted views. I read that the hand controller that is supplied with the Starsense camera is only 4,000 objects where as the Nexstar hand controller supplied with the VX mount has 40,000 objects. Does anyone actually have a Starsense camera, and is it as good as they claim to be.
Also can you disconnect the Starsense hand controller and plug back in the Nexstar hand controler once you have finished alignment.

RKenning
28-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Hi Paul,
I'd like to know as well. Meanwhile have a look at this blog for a bit of info.

Cheers-Rob K

http://octelescope.com/blog/celestron-starsense-autoalign-accessory-i/

sirius1
30-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks Rob, appreciate you reply.
I have heard Celestron have fixed some bugs it had for use in southern hemisphere, I will try and found out more.

Tony_
02-11-2015, 03:35 PM
G'day Paul,

The star sense has 40,000 objects and takes the place of the Nexstar controller.
If all you want it for is to do a polar alignment then it seems a bit expensive. You don't need to be able to see the south celestial pole to do a polar alignment. You can just guess as best as possible and then use the all star polar alignment. If your first guess is too far out you may get some drift while doing the alignment.

Regards,
Tony.