PDA

View Full Version here: : Where to buy newt ota rings

troypiggo
09-10-2015, 07:53 AM
I'm after some rings for my 10" SW Black Diamond OTA. The ones I have suit the Vixen type dovetails, but I've recently upgraded the mount and refractor dovetails to Losmandy type from ADM.

I'm aware of Parallax rings, but they seem expensive at $250. I'm after that flat 4" min flat top and bottom with 2 screw fixings instead of 1.

Other thing is size. 10" is nominal, I know. Scope is f/4.7 1200mm FL. The OTA is about 11.3" diameter. I see Parallax website has 10", 11", 11.6" etc. can they do in-between?

peter_4059
09-10-2015, 10:14 AM
I'll be interested to see what this thread turns up. On both occasions I've gone looking for rings for a 10" OTA I've ended up with Parallax rings. I tried to get some from Peter Tan in Hong Kong but he never returns emails in my experience.

http://www.tan14.com/Others.htm

The Parallax rings are quite heavy (1.6kg each) compared to traditional rings that come with a 10" Newt so you'll probably be looking at an extra counterweight.

thomqos
12-12-2015, 08:50 AM
I've finally ordered the parralax rotating rings for my 10" dob rebuild. Buying a heap of other components from him as well for my OTA rebuild.
I know they're expensive, but this is a no expenses spared rebuild and a scope I wont be selling. I got the parralax rings for the TSA120 I purchased last year and they're great.

PhilTas
13-12-2015, 08:42 PM
I bought some rings for a smaller scope a couple of years ago from Scopestuff.com
Don't know if they might have what you're looking for
cheers Phil