PDA

View Full Version here: : Explore Scientific 152mm f/4.8 Comet Hunter Telescope

FlashDrive
14-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Anybody got one of these and using it.... would like to know your experience with it.

Good / So So / Bad or otherwise ...I can only find a couple of reviews o'seas ....owners say they are very nice wide field Mak / Newt's ... at f/4.8 they should be.

152mm CF Tube / Aluminum / Stainless Steel construction used.

Col....

AG Hybrid
19-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Looks like your out of luck there Col old chap.

I believe however, that there is the OEM version floating about that has been posted here before. Possibly North Group labeled?

FlashDrive
19-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Claude from AEC told me to stay away from it.... getting bad feed back on them.... so I took his advice.

Col...

glend
19-09-2015, 05:42 PM
I looked at the ES when I was looking for a Mak-Newt and they seemed pretty basic on a spec comparison with the others. For example, the secondary obstruction on the ES is 32% compared to 26% for the Skywatcher MN190, this impacts contrast. Short focal length at 731mm vs 1000mm. Practical visual power for the ES is 360x verses 500x for the Skywatcher. However, the ES is lighter, and costs less. If you have the money and the mount capacity then the Skywatcher or the Intes Mak-Newts are the real performers. I believe the Intes are custom order only these days.