PDA

View Full Version here: : Help with AVX

Julie1
14-09-2015, 02:49 PM
I really need some help with my AVX mount. I am on my second one in under a year as the first one I had seized up and had to be repkaced. Now this one I am really having trouble with the goto. After doing a two star alignment with at least 3 calibration stars and then using the All Star Polar Alugnment feature to get polar alignment, the objects I want to go to are not in the fov in the main scope (150pro mak) and are barely in the fov of the finder. Even when I goto one of the alignment stars, it ends up in virtually the same distance from the center of the fov. This is ok for bright objects but useless for fainter objects.
I have the set up correct and even tried doing a factory reset but to no avail.My first mount was working well before it seized after it had been sent back for a problem.
Am I doing something wrong?
Help! It is so frustrating!

Camelopardalis
14-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Julie,

Are you doing another two star alignment and calibration after the polar alignment? If not, you need to...when you follow the polar alignment function, you move the mount in ways it cannot track, and so you need to re-align afterwards.

Julie1
15-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Thank you, I didn't know that. The manual says nothing about doing another two star alignment and calibration afteran ASPA. I will give that a go. Funny thing is, I didn't do that with the first mount and it seemed to work ok.

Camelopardalis
15-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Give it a go - good luck!

Julie1
16-09-2015, 11:05 PM
And of course the weather has changed again and cloud and rain have returned!

Camelopardalis
17-09-2015, 11:23 AM
:sadeyes: