PDA

View Full Version here: : Astrophotography Exhibition in Ballarat

Andy01
27-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,
Just a note to invite all IIS members to come see our exhibition, Wonders of the Universe Exposed, during the Ballarat International Foto Bienalle (BIFB).

Now showing at the Sovereign Hill Gold Museum, Bradshaw St Ballarat, open daily 9:30 -5:30pm until Sept 20th.

There are 50 stunning prints showing off the skills of 20 members of the Astronomical Society of Victoria, astrophotography section.
Deep space nebulae, planetary, comets, widefield, lunar and solar images all feature. 12 months work and planning have resulted in this truly wonderful show.

To avoid paying the $12.50 entry fee, just pick up your free BIFB program at the Mining Exchange, 8a Lydiard St, Ballarat and show it at the door.

The exhibition was officially opened on Wed 26th Aug by the Hon Joshua Morris MP, I've attached a few photos below.

Cheers
Andy

rustigsmed
27-08-2015, 01:16 PM
congratulations andy, looks great!! must be a thrill!

Rusty

strongmanmike
28-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Love that big photo grin you have Andy, thought it must just have been due to the excitement of the exhibition... but I notice you have it in all your family shots on your facebook too :lol: :thumbsup:

Be nice to have a gander at the exhibition but t'is a bit far away for me to come have a look though.

The Newcastle Astronomical Society, through the efforts of David Hough, organised a similar exhibition (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42014) of local astroimagers work in Newcastle several years ago too.

Mike

Andy01
31-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks Rusty & Mike, yes it's been the result of a great deal of planning and energy, some 233 emails sent back & forth etc so it's great to see the public responding with record attendance. Seems that great minds think alike with the previous show in Newcastle as well :)

Btw- due to popular demand, the show run has been extended until October 4th, and I'm giving an artist's talk on the subject at 2pm, Sun Sept 13th at Mr. Rede, in Ballarat. All welcome :)

Cheers
Andy

Nico13
01-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Hey Andy,
Thanks again for the effort you put in for this it was a great official opening night event.
It was enjoyed by all from what I saw certainly Neale and I and the wives and opened the eyes of a few non astro people that were there.
Good to see a few faces from the Snake Valley crew and looking forward to next camp.

Andy01
07-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks Ken,
Glad you enjoyed the night, was a great launch for the show!
So happy to see so many SV folk and others there too. Thecshowcisxgetting great reviews so hopefully we can get it out there in another venue when it finishes its run at the Gold Museum.

See you at SV :)
Cheers
Andy