PDA

View Full Version here: : Sky X Pro won't list my FLI Filter wheel

gregbradley
22-08-2015, 09:01 PM
I started using a new FLI filter wheel - the 5/7 7 position filter wheel recently. Sky X Pro was listing the FLI Filter wheel when I was using the 4/5 filter wheel. The 5/7 wheel shows as being connected and working in Device Manager. But when I go to connect to camera filter wheel its not listed as an option to chose.

Any suggestions?

I listed this as a question on the SB forums 4 or 5 weeks ago and no handling yet. So hopefully someone has a bright idea.

I was running my camera and filter wheel through CCDsoft but now after one computer crashed the other day the new one I can't get it to connect to my Starlight Express Trius 694.

Greg.

Greg.

strongmanmike
22-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Geez Greg you're having a bit of a run of annoying luck lately :sadeyes:...you may need real counseling soon :help: what ever you do, don't get an SBIG though, lately these seem to spend more time sent back than on the scope :eyepop:

Mike

gregbradley
22-08-2015, 09:21 PM
It was a bit annoying as I had just finished sorting out the tilt on the Trius and was ready to go.

I am in the process of setting up another laptop to take it over. But as usual there are a few little problems.

I did manage to get around them before now I just need to remember how I did it. The Starlight Express driver does not play well with CCDsoft.
It now works in Sky X which is a surprise. So I would be happy to run the Trius in CCDsoft or Sky X as long as one recognises both the camera and the filter wheel. At the moment one recognises the camera but not the filter wheel and CCDsoft recognises the filter wheel but not the camera!

I haven't though just been spending endless clear nights doing equipment muck around. I have taken at least 50 hours of good data on several objects. I am sure I can get that recovered anyway.

Greg.

strongmanmike
22-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Look forward to see it all :thumbsup:...or is that 50hrs including what you have already shown us recently?

Mike

gregbradley
23-08-2015, 12:01 AM
None of it has been posted. Its not all of one object. The AP1600 is giving 1.4 arc second guiding which is pretty slick.

Greg.

LewisM
23-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Oddly enough, I cannot get CCDSoft to see the SBIG ST-8300C - not a new camera by any standard. MaxIM has no problems at all.

Try asking Terry Platt at SX - I had a software issue with FITS size inconsistency with an SXVR-M25C - their software guy got back to me within an hour, and sent me beta scripts to test continually. Absolutely SUPER service.

gregbradley
23-08-2015, 09:59 AM
I got an answer from SB. They are going to add the FLI Filter wheel to the next daily build. Its not listed because its not supported yet.

Greg.

gregbradley
23-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Have you loaded the latest CCDsoft camera plugin?

Greg.

LewisM
23-08-2015, 10:06 AM
D'OH! FLI.... here I thought you said SX... SX camera, FLI FW, correct? :)

Need to put on the glasses :P

LewisM
23-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Yes - I think therre is something amiss in my CCDSoft - it even had trouble with the old ST-2000XM.

I think I will uninstall and reinstall it again, but seeing I don't use it, maybe won't bother. MaxIM just handles it without issue.

gregbradley
23-08-2015, 10:38 AM
I did do another post currently about my SX Trius not connecting in CCDsoft as well. That was another thread.

Greg.

Paul Haese
25-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Oddly enough my filter wheel on the STXL was not being recognised by SkyX pro for ages and then one day it just connected. Weird stuff. This is part of the reason I don't use SkyX other than controlling the mount. This work and then don't work and then work again. The pyxis rotator was the same. It would not work for months and then I tried it several months ago and it connected. Weird. Nothing had changed in setup, just SkyX being full of glitches. Yet I hear of people having no trouble at all.

gregbradley
25-08-2015, 03:24 PM
That is odd if you didn't do any sort of update. I think they are adding compatibility of different brands here and there still much like Lightroom does with the latest digital cameras that are released.

That is the case with the FLI filter wheel although as you say on one version of Sky X it did list FLI filter wheel as an option to chose. Now it doesn't.

With the Sky X I find once you have sorted something it tends to be fine from there on out except if you take the risk and use the latest daily build which comes with a warning that there may be bugs and you take the risk. They get fixed but it may be 6 weeks.

Greg.

PRejto
25-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi Greg,

I just noticed this thread or I would have answered sooner. I'm using my Trius with CCDSoft and it works well. I'm using a driver from SX called SXV.

I'm using ASCOM to connect to the SX FW. You could do the same if there is an ASCOM driver for the Fli wheel. I can send you the ASCOM CCDSoft FW driver. For some reason it isn't listed anywhere on the ASCOM site. I got it directly from the developer some years back. Let me know if you want it!

Peter

gregbradley
01-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi Peter,

Yes if you could send over that driver it would be much appreciated.

Greg.