PDA

View Full Version here: : Telescope Covers

Rohan
26-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Went shopping today for a few accessories, ie. battery, spirit level & scope cover. Went into bunnings and found some covers designed to go over stacks of outdoor chairs. Cost me $2, waterproof & plenty of room to fit over the scope. Octupus strap around the bottom and bingo, perfect cover for chucking over the scope while waiting for darkness or in my case leaving it outside for a few hours waiting for clouds to clear but don't wanna risk getting it wet if its starts to rain abit.

Will post some pics when i set up my scope tonight.

Rohan
26-03-2005, 07:41 PM
clear skies but i have to go to work, bummer. heres the pic anyway.

ballaratdragons
26-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Well done Rohan,

Clever how we find astronomical uses for the ordinary objects!

Here is another shot of my scope using a Round Bird Cage seed catcher to keep dust and spiders out of the mirror cell. $5.

iceman
27-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Nice idea, I might pick up one myself!

Striker
27-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Nice one Rohan.........What section were they in at Bunnings?

beren
27-03-2005, 09:10 AM
theres also types that have a nice felt layer on the inside , you find various sizes in the BBQ section at Bunnnings and are used to cover outside mobile BBQs

Rohan
27-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeap they were in the BBQ & outdoor furniture section. Had a few brands, the other ones were $15 and were clear, for $2 thou coudn't really go wrong so i just grabbed that one.

They are pretty big so i'd imagine that would prob cover a dob when standing vertical, or close to it at least.