PDA

View Full Version here: : HEQ5 Pro Power Board

Wombat
11-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Hello,
A friend and I have stripped down my heq5 pro mount and took out and cleaned and repacked the bearings and put it back together.
I connected the power supply, switched it on and nothing worked. The multimeter say's the power supply is okay, upon further inspection with the multimeter, the power is getting to the power board but is not going to the power light or hand control. It seems that something has gone on the power board.
The question is does anyone know of someone in aust. who sells heq5 pro power boards? any help gratefully appreciated.
Regards,
Wayne

Atmos
11-07-2015, 03:11 PM
They retail at about $200 but can be troublesome to get your hands on at times, all depends on when Tesco decides that they want to ship some over here.

I had a similar problem with my HEQ5 standard mount, I had my friend re-solder the joints on the board and it has worked fine since. Was just a dry solder joint.

LewisM
11-07-2015, 06:20 PM
You can get them from Teleskop Express in Germany without any hassle.

Try Tasco first (Tesco... you must be a Pom Colin :) ), then try TE.

Wombat
19-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Got one on order from Tasco Aust. they had 5 in stock, so ordered one just in case the re-solder job on the current board does not fix the problem.
Thank you for your comments.
Regards,