PDA

View Full Version here: : Experience with Precise Parts

Eden
18-06-2015, 10:35 AM
I recently ordered an adapter from Precise Parts to connect my SXV-AO-LF directly to the Moonlite 2.5" drawtube, bypassing the Moonlite T-Thread adaptor.

The adapter arrived quickly and fit perfectly. Moreover, I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did it save me around 25mm of back-focus (quite a bit more than I had accounted for), but that it weighed a mere fraction of the parts needed to connect the SXV-AO previously.

For those who have not dealt with Precise Parts already, I would definitely recommend them for any specialized adapter requirements. :thumbsup:

PRejto
18-06-2015, 11:40 AM
I also recently used Precise Parts for fitting a new ONAG XT. Parts arrived very quickly and are perfect. The rather high price seems worth it when such quality is received. I'd do it again. I'm pretty sure it will be unavoidable in the future.

Peter

gregbradley
18-06-2015, 12:28 PM
I've been using Precise Parts now for several years. Yes they are pricey but they are very well made and work.

The one I got for the RHA was in particular very professional with matt black internal paint plus he supplied the fitting scews. A nice touch.

That automated adapter builder on his site is a work of genius.

Greg.

SpaceNoob
18-06-2015, 02:09 PM
I've used their services for a few years too. Just had a new adapter arrive yesterday to connect Pyxis 3" 3000 dovetail directly to the Monster-MOAG receiver. Beautifully machined. It fits perfect, though I won't know for a month or two if it works (back focus wise).... at least until the new camera arrives. :)

Paul Haese
18-06-2015, 03:32 PM
I have shares in Precise Parts. Or should I say I should have shares in Precise Parts.

I have had who knows how many adapters made through them. Just on the RC12 I have had 13 or 14 made. Don't ask. :( 2 made for the TSA102 and 1 made for the FSQ106. All bar one was very good and the one that was not was fixed by Ashley at no cost. Great manufacture.