PDA

View Full Version here: : New Sony A7Rii mirrorless camera

gregbradley
11-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Wow. This camera was already incredible with its fabulous 36mp no AA filter sensor.

Now the latest version has a backside illuminated enhanced full frame sensor for even better sensitivity and faster throughput with ISO50-102400. No doubt at much lower noise levels. This could easily set the new standard for low light high megapixel sensor noise coming closer to the A7s.

This could be awesome for nightscapes.

Also there is an improved time lapse app which does pan, tilt features in camera.

In camera 5 axis IBIS stabilisation system that also works with 3rd party lenses. Now all your lenses become stabilised.

Also internally recorded 4K video with various formats with advanced AF for video.

Silent shutter, electronic first curtain shutter, reduced vibration shutter.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8917769536/sony-alpha-a7r-ii-has-42-4mp-on-full-frame-bsi-cmos-sensor

It also is said to focus Canon EF lenses as fast or faster than on a Canon body with a simple adapter. Also with the wide coverage PDAF AF and tracking autofocus.

Mirrorless is now nudging DSLRs out for the best AF systems. Time will tell if this actually has done this as claims are made and sometimes they don't deliver.

I am glad I decided to go with Sony as my digital camera system. This camera is by far the most technologically advanced camera out there.

Greg.

dannat
11-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Sony are really pushing ahead -leaving Canon esp. & nikon somewhat behind

N1
11-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Interesting times. Seems an intermediate stage of development however, going by the current rate of advancement. Not spending anything on a new body for at least another 2 years. Today it's Sony but that could change rapidly. For AP, I'll probably wait another 10 years. Aim is to get good results with minimal equipment.

FlashDrive
11-06-2015, 10:37 AM
WOW ...4K Movie Mode ...:thumbsup: .. one would need a ' High End ' and large capacity Memory Card.

Awesome Camera with an ' AWESOME ' price.

Col....

ZeroID
11-06-2015, 12:21 PM
I've been a KM > SONY believer for a long time. Had the KM 7000i many years ago as starter doing weddings etc to pay for it. Always had well designed user interfaces, very ergonomic to handle. First to come up with a decent working autofocus system, and always nice, if a somewhat limited range of nice lenses as well. I'm still using the 70-300 from my KM 7D at 6 mp ( which is now the IR modded body ) on the SONY SLT A77v at 24 mp. Motorsports still gets me views of rust spots on wheel nuts on cars doing 150 kmh at 50 meters away.

Don't think I'll be buying this though, no real justification for it .... but it would be nice :D
Better buy another Lotto ticket or two ,,, :P

Only drawback is still no PC control option for astro although wireless via a mobile .... maybeeee .....