PDA

View Full Version here: : RA finder with rotating diagonal?

grl570810
18-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Hello All,

Does anyone know of a RA finder which allows you to rotate the diagonal? I'm getting kind of fed up with contortions I go through with my current finder and it occured to me since I rotate the diagonal on the main (SCT) scope itself it would be sensible to be able to do the same on the finder. Nowhere I can find seems to advertise one...

Or as an alternative what about a rotating set of finder mounting rings?

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Graham

JohnG
18-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.stellarvue.com/f50order.html

Available from OPT.

Cheers

JohnG

grl570810
18-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Now that's what I call a finder! Time to start saving my pennies and entering into family negotiations again....

astroboy
18-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I have one of the stelavues here , best finder I've ever seen , you can use any 1.25 EP in it , works well even with the 4.8 mm Nagler and OPT are great to deal with.

Zane

[1ponders]
18-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I just bought one grl and it is the bee's knees. The rotating part is a bit stiff initially but you get used to it. You just need to be careful you don't actually unscrew the diagonal rather then rotate the end. But apart from that it great. Quality all the way through. The only thing I'd suggest is to get the illuminated reticle one. I didn't and I'm now kicking myself. I thought my existing reticle would do the job but unfortunately it won't reach focus, so you need theirs.

[1ponders]
18-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Zane do you have a reticle that works with it? If you do what brand and fl is it?

grl570810
19-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Paul,

I was cringing at the thought of telling SWMBO that I 'needed' to spend $US119 for the unilluminated version and now you tell me I should stump up for the $US189 illuminated one! Dead man walking...:):):)

I might just be taking a look on Astromart in case anyone has one surplus to requirements.....

Cheers,
Graham