PDA

View Full Version here: : Rig all finished up now

griz11
03-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Added a WO 102GT to my rig the other day. Next up is a cooled camera. Not even close to summer here and the DSLR is already running close to 90F. I have a feeling it will be doing the thermal thing in the heat of summer. Of course the clouds have moved in so other than a few test shots I haven't been able to give it a good test yet. I like the scope so far. Fit and finish are excellent. Focus is smooth. Last month I swapped out the steppers for a pair of servo motors and a SciTech controller. Goto works great. Very accurate and fast. A bit of work to get the cables made and get it all configured but not too bad. It works with so many combinations that it can be confusing as to which set-up you need for your mount. I had one check box checked that wasn't related to my mount that caused some problems. It would track then shut down. I had it set for a dob on a turntable actually but didn't know it. Equatorial doesn't necessarily mean a GEM I learned. I like debugging systems so it was all fun to me.

Dealy
04-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Nice set-up Dan :thumbsup:

It's good when everything comes together and you get rid of all those annoying bugs.