PDA

View Full Version here: : ASNSW South Pacific Star Party 14-17 May 2015

tlgerdes
01-04-2015, 10:32 AM
ASNSW South Pacific Star Party 14-17 May 2015
Just some updated details for those interested in the ASNSW South Pacific Star Party.

Registrations are open and can be accessed via
http://www.asnsw.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=16

We have the pleasure of welcoming our key presenters this year of

Friday 3pm - 4pm
Guest Speaker: Korinne McDonnell (Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex - Tidbinbilla) "The Space Tracker’s Guide to the Universe"

Saturday 2:15pm - 3:15pm
Guest Speaker: Lisa Kewley (Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Australian National University)

We have the usual offerings: talks, workshops for adults and kids, roast dinner on the Saturday night, Astroimaging Competition and spectacular night sky tours. The Scouts will be there from lunch Friday with meals, snacks and drinks.

Please book your places. Tents, caravans, cars are welcome for your accommodation please. Their is limited onsite share accommodation for those without, and bookings can be facilitated by PM'ing me directly after you have registered. We have a no pet animal policy (this includes rowdy children and adults ;)) for the property.

There are 2 main areas at Wiruna campus. The main field (as you enter the property) has a strict dim red light policy and the astro-imaging field adjacent to the Barry Gerdes Lodge (to the rear of the property via the access road to the right of the main hall as you drive in) has a less strict dim white light policy to facilitate computer equipment without screen filtering. Camping is available adjacent to both fields.

The SPSP is well attended each year by 300-400 of your astronomical brethren. Let's make it big and aim for 500 this year!

Trevor Gerdes
ASNSW Committee Member.

tlgerdes
12-04-2015, 07:50 AM
31 days to go.

Who is booked in?

multiweb
12-04-2015, 09:05 AM
I am. Can't wait! :stargaze:

RB
12-04-2015, 09:25 AM
If my work load permits, I want to attend this year.
It's been a long time since I've attended a SPSP.

RB

strongmanmike
12-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Ooooh yeah, can smell that cigar already ;)

Sinestiasi :cool:

tlgerdes
13-04-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm looking forward to the speakers for Friday and Saturday.

3 nights, 3 bottles of wine :D

If its cloudy, I'm planning a bonfire on the imaging field.

DavidTrap
16-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Using the timber tripods as kindling? :P

Will have to organise myself to get there one year!

DT

tlgerdes
17-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Since I'm Marshall for the imaging field, it will be wooden dobs.:D

ariefm71
17-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Seems this event is now listed in Cloudynights 2015 calendar as well.

I will be there Fri - Sun, no matter what the weather forecast says.

Trev, are you the same Trev I met at IISAC?

Arief

tlgerdes
17-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Hi Arief, it wont have been me. I was mowing the grass at Wiruna have weekend in prep for the SPSP.

stefang
19-04-2015, 04:38 PM
This will be my first star party, so cant wait.

We will be cracking a 1939 Para Port if the weather is good, or bad, so look out for the Camper Van the size of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise and say hi, and bring a glass.

Stefan

Camelopardalis
19-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Sounds like an offer too good to miss :thumbsup:

If you're taking your C11 we could always try for a binocular pair :D I'll be taking mine.

mental4astro
21-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Just completed the registration. I'll be arriving on Friday. Can't wait for some photons!

I got one of these for my dad as it was the year he was born an opened it for his birthday a few years back. Sooo nice a drop :)

Allan
21-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Well if you guys are getting into the Para, I'll bring one of my bottles along then.

strongmanmike
21-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Wow, well I'm up for a door knock :D

tlgerdes
22-04-2015, 04:19 AM
Please note, on insurance: if an inebriated Mike Sidonio sits on your precious eyepiece or telescope and breaks it, you're on your own, the ASNSW is not responsible . :P

Camelopardalis
22-04-2015, 11:11 AM
This is why we have Pelican cases :lol:

tlgerdes
23-04-2015, 12:35 AM
What, so you can store pelicans? We don't have many pelicans at wiruna, and I would not go calling Mike a pelican, he'll stuff you in that case.:lol:

Camelopardalis
23-04-2015, 11:33 AM
:lol: :lol:

bstrim01
29-04-2015, 11:28 AM
1st timer. Looking fwd to it. So how close can I set up my tent/camp to my observing field location. Nearby (10-20m) or not? I'd like to be able to set up my tent on the periphery of the observing field then move my car to the car park and avoid hauling equipment long distances.
Bill

Camelopardalis
29-04-2015, 03:35 PM
:welcome: to Ice in Space, Bill!

The camping area is a short walk from the main observing field, just over a line of bushes really, so it depends on where you setup on the main field, it can be under 100ft.

You should be able to drive your kit up to the main field during daylight hours without any trouble, I don't remember any restrictions last year, it just gets a bit busier than usual with people and kit :D

tlgerdes
29-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Also, there is nothing to stop your setting up your gear in the camp zone.

If you are on the imaging field to the west of the main field, then you camp next to your gear.

tlgerdes
29-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Maps of the Wiruna property to aid attendees.

GTB_an_Owl
30-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Wiruna can get cold at this time of year.

Expression of interest in your freezer wear for this year is now open in Ice Trades (Accessories)

please PM me if you need to keep warm this winter :)

geoff

bstrim01
30-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the maps; that really helps. Really looking fwd to it. Hope the weather holds. Had a great time at the IIS AstroCamp (my first Oz star party) in spite of the weather. Met some great folks. Hoping for same again in two weeks.
Cheers
Bill

tlgerdes
30-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Hi Bill,

As you can see from the maps, the ASNSW Wiruna property is searchable through Google Maps.

We are just preparing the information kits for the SPSP, and these will be emailed to attendees within the next week.

Regards

Trevor

tlgerdes
30-04-2015, 10:26 AM
As Geoff has indicated, Wiruna sits at over 1000m above see level and can get very cold at night (have seen -5deg at the SPSP 3 years ago). Geoff's suits are used by a lot of people. Ski clothing is another option, and don't forget suitable footwear and headwear.

Camelopardalis
30-04-2015, 05:50 PM
I was duped...tourist propaganda led me to the delusion that Australia was a warm country :lol:

Yeah I remember last year got pretty cool through the night, I think I was wearing 3 hats at one point :D pleasant and sunny during the day, around 20C.

Allan
30-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Yes I remember last year, about 30 minutes before sunset, it was like someone opened up the fridge on the place. The temperature sure drops real fast at that time of the day.

tlgerdes
01-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Yeah, but 2 of them were party hats, they don't count :lol:

bstrim01
01-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Do you expect dew to be a problem? Sure was heavy at IIS AstroCamp, but then we were right by the creek. If so I may need to pick up an extra dew htr or two.

Also, what is the power situation? Places from which to run extension cords or at least recharge batteries during the day?
Thx
Bill

Camelopardalis
01-05-2015, 08:15 AM
:campfire: :drink: :ship2:

Dew...it depends which way the wind is blowing (dry desert wind or moist coastal) but the 1000+m altitude usually helps a lot compared to Lostock. What sort of scope will you be taking? It's not unheard of for a big newt or cat to dew up a bit, so may be better to take precautions if that's the case :D Last time I used my C11 up there it stayed dew free all night without heating.

The site is off-grid and has solar panels with a limited number of sockets and it may get busy at times given the volume of people, but you should be able to recharge at some point during the day.

tlgerdes
01-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Hi Bill,

Yes, it can get dewy, but not to the problem extent. I have a 200mm imaging newt (closed tube) and it has never had an issue with dew in my 7 years of visiting Wiruna. My guide scope dews up all the time though. So prepare with dew heaters/shields as appropriate.

The main field will require batteries and there is a formal recharge station next to the main hall. The imaging field has off-grid 240v solar/battery power, but batteries are always welcome. We can usually run 10 imaging setups overnight from the imaging field power system, and we have generators to backfill and recharge during the day. Generators can be used on the imaging field, just bring long extension cords (20+m) so you can run them away from where people are.

Regards

Trevor
ASNSW Committee

bstrim01
03-05-2015, 02:18 PM
i'm considering renting a motorhome since I'm bringing the family. Where would these need to park? Is there a particular part in the camping area designated for motorhomes and caravans? Do a good number of campers tend to set up in the camping area in lieu of the observing field and put up with the potential for a bit mote stray light in order to be close to camp. How close could one get with a motorhome to the observing field?

I also recall during registration something mentioned about activities being planned for kids. Mine are 10 & 13 and will be there Fri & Sat. What plans are there?

Lastly, how long a drive into Mudgee for the day?

Thanks
Bill

gary
03-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Hi Bill.

If you refer to this image here -
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/attachment_browse.php?a=181423
the larger campervans tend to be parked in the zone designated
"Camping Area" close to Old Ilford Road. Come through the main gate,
turn left onto the camping area ground and park. If you then walk to
the Registration Desk, someone can advise you further on the best place
to park if it is not self evident.

Some observe immediately next to their campervans/caravans
but many set up their telescopes just immediately past the line of
bushes and trees that form a hedge between the camping area
and main observing field. It is then only a two minute walk to your
scope. Bring something to cover it from the weather.

They typically have workshops for children during the day and at night volunteers conduct
sky tours using large aperture scopes for families and those who did not bring
a scope.

There are typically no shortage of kids there and many of the older one tend to team up, hang out with each other
and explore Wiruna on their own. There is bush and walks and stuff to explore.

Bring clothing for the kids as if they were spending a weekend down at the
snow.

About an hour from Wiruna to Mudgee. It is a 68km drive one-way.

tlgerdes
03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi Bill,

Quite a few people do bring motor homes. The areas designated for caravan also apply to motor homes, in general it is the camping area below the main observing field (see picture above) or anywhere you can find space on the imaging field.

Many do setup their equipment in the camping zones, it really depends on your personal light tolerance. You can always change the location during the day.

There is a children's astronomy workshop (approx 1hr) on the Saturday morning. The content of these vary from year to year, but have included things like making a scale model of the solar system across the property and star magnitude identification charts. In addition to these at night we have night sky tours with "expert" commentators on our big scopes.

The property is just over 100acres, so the kids can bring their bikes and explore if you feel comfortable. Bring some fishing line (5-10m), a bucket and some raw meat and try yabbying in the dam (catch and release as they taste really muddy). There is usually around 10-20 kids from 5-15years (my son is 13, arrives on Saturday due to school commitments). Plus there are formal lectures that appeal to everyone from our 2 guest speakers.

Mudgee is around 45m drive, Bathurst around the same via Sofala, Hill End is around 90m.

Regards Trevor

tlgerdes
04-05-2015, 09:24 PM
FWIW AccuWeather is showing favourable conditions for the SPSP in its long range forecast for next week.

GTB_an_Owl
04-05-2015, 09:37 PM
how many people that have or want to order freezer suits want them in time for next week ?

geoff

tlgerdes
07-05-2015, 02:11 PM
This than 1 week to go. Information kits have been sent to attendees today via email. If you have not received yours, please send me a PM and I will forward it on to you.

Allan
07-05-2015, 06:16 PM
It's exciting to get the info pack, because it means the party is just around the corner.

Question. Why do the imagers get an astro photography competition, but there is nothing for the sketchers?

tlgerdes
07-05-2015, 06:50 PM
We ran a sketchers comp 2 yrs ago and got 2 entrants. Maybe we can try again next year.

tlgerdes
07-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I think the sketching comp needs a little more forewarning then maybe the astroimaging comp does. We can discuss it with Alex at the SPSP. I'm happy to promote it within the society.

I know it was something dear to the late Scott Mellish's heart.

Allan
07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
I really like Alex's sketching workshops. It's the main reason I have begun sketching myself.

I can think of two options.

Come up with a format now, for people to use over the next year, so we can enter our sketches at the next SPSP. Have categories such as deep sky and solar system objects. Sketches must be a minimum size. Surely that would attract more than two entrants.

Alternatively, just before the next SPSP announce what ever the sketching rules are, then sketches are to be completed on Thursday and Friday to be handed in on Saturday for viewing. That may not attract as many entries as option A though.

Just my ideas to kick things off.

The Mekon
07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Just received my registration information. Am familiar with it as I have been to many of the parties in the last 22 years. One thing I noticed is that it said in cold weather wood fires are available in the hall. Sorry to say that I have never seen these fires lit, no matter how cold it has been. Is there any procedure for requesting they be lit. Sometimes I just feel like a quick warm up around midnight and a fire would be great!

mental4astro
07-05-2015, 10:41 PM
I am very excited about this year's SPSP. As Gondwana Telescopes, I will be launching a new scope model at this event! I've been asked about the chances of producing a model such as will be launched. All will be revealed in a week's time, :)

Allan, I am thrilled that I've inspired you to take up a pencil and paper! The workshop I'll be conducting at SPSP will be a special one. The technique I follow I learnt from Scott Mellish, which he developed at Wiruna. The Mellish Technique comes home!

tlgerdes
08-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Hi Alex,

Can you canvas the appetite for a sketching comp for the 2016 SPSP in your 11am Sat workshop. I would suggest like the imaging comp, it being a peoples vote, rather than critical judgement.

Trev

tlgerdes
08-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Hi John,

I haven't been in the main hall at the SPSP at except for the Saturday night dinner, where I know they have been lit on those occasions. I will raise it at our volunteers team meeting on Friday morning at Wiruna.

I know up at the Barry Gerdes Lodge on the imaging field, we always have the fire toasting till the wee hours of the morning :P. You are welcome to share it.:D

Trev

killswitch
10-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Will the scouts be making fresh donuts?

stevous67
10-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Looks like Big Dave and I are heading up from Melbourne starting Wednesday afternoon, targeting to arrive Thursday afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing friends, apparently donuts(?!), and some vintage Port!

Now... What is the weather thinking about? :stargaze: or :windy:

Bye!

Steve

mental4astro
10-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Mmmm, hot donuts when the night time temp is around 0deg... :)

A little update on the model launch: the new scope is called 'Kulali' (pronounced 'Coo-la-lee'), an Australian aboriginal word meaning 'Sky'. This follows the tradition of naming Gondwana Telescopes instruments words of celestial context from our rich and ancient aboriginal languages.

tlgerdes
11-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Yes, donuts start around 8pm and go to closing.

tlgerdes
11-05-2015, 06:01 AM
Safe travels Steve. I'll be their just after lunch on Thursday.

stevous67
11-05-2015, 07:00 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tlgerdes
11-05-2015, 08:00 AM
I'll organise donut runs for the Imaging field.

Will have order form and money jar for each night. :D

multiweb
11-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Will be there Thursday about the same time. Will be goog to catch up. :thumbsup: Forecast looks alright for the next few days leading to Sunday. Fingers crossed.

rlow
11-05-2015, 09:11 PM
hi folks

my wife and i come from Singapore and we are here for our first major star party at SPSP. This is also our first trip to Sydney. We look forward to learn from you guys at this event :)

richard

tlgerdes
12-05-2015, 06:32 AM
Safe travels Richard,

Take it easy on the drive from Sydney, don't do it in one drive sitting. At least so stop for 30 minutes in Lithgow for cup of coffee, preferably stop more.

Come and visit the imaging field and say Hi. I get up to SG about 3-4 times a year for business.

Trev

stevous67
12-05-2015, 06:50 AM
OMG! We need this!!! Ken! The ASV needs donut runs!

Thank you! :party2::bowdown:

Steve

mental4astro
12-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Really? You need donut runs? :shrug:

You are on in front of a screen playing solitaire while seated, and you can't get up to fetch your own donuts? :confused2:

I dunno. More technology seems to just be making you soft...

:poke: :rolleyes: :poke: :rolleyes: :lol:

Reckon it's still safe for me to visit the imaging field... :whistle: :scared2: :lol:

We visual girls and boys just pick up a handful of gravel and chuck it at the scope of whose turn it is... ;)

tlgerdes
12-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Com'on Alex, it is 700m from his scope spot in the top corner of the AI field, where the ASV guys camp, to the scouts donut shop, across rough and rocky ground (I lost 2/3s of glass of wine on the walk last year, such a waste).

We don't mind having a procession of cars, with their headlights blaring running back and forth, but I'm sure you visual guys will get jack of it soon enough with your quest for dark adapted eyesight. :P

See, up on the AI field we are a community that talks and shares :D. Not a loosely connected rabble, like you visual guys, who throw stones at each other.:poke:

mental4astro
12-05-2015, 07:48 AM
"Talk"? When was the last time you used your vocal chords? Banging on a keyboard isn't talking... :computer: :bashcomp:

At least we use our vocal chords to swear at the mug who scored a shot on the primary... :atom: :mad:

Yeah, I have to agree that losing 2/3's of a glass of wine is bad. Would have ruined my night for sure, :(

tlgerdes
12-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Not only do we talk, we get round a camp fire, sing and play games.:lol:

Here are some of the antics from last year.

Camelopardalis
12-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Yeah wouldn't want to burn all those calories walking to get donuts :lol:

But spilling wine is bad :help:

h0ughy
12-05-2015, 01:28 PM
have fun guys, my time to go this year have been diverted with my mum being moved yesterday into a aged care facility. I bet it will be pristine conditions. I organised leave from tomorrow until Monday to enjoy the trip back in January. Bugger

strongmanmike
12-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Shame you won't be there again Houghy, been a while too hasn't it? But your mum is way more important, you only have one so cherish every moment :)

Mike

RB
12-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Sorry you'll miss it Davo, like me.
I can't make it either, work commitments means I can't leave to attend SPSP either. :sadeyes:
Hope your mum likes the new residents.

Have to catch up with you next time Strongman, no cigar smoke from me 'ol mate.

Clear Skies everyone.

RB

tlgerdes
12-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Tell that to Alex, he just walks 100m up there, sits down and starts eating. :P

strongmanmike
12-05-2015, 03:23 PM
....:sadeyes:...:sad:

Absence only makes the heart grow fonder :cheers:

Mike

andyc
12-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Damn, can't make it this year due to poor planning and a prior engagement, but I hope you all have clear, low-humidity skies!

tlgerdes
12-05-2015, 04:32 PM
That's just no excuse Andy. I sentence you to 3 nights sleeping out under the stars starting Thursday.

mental4astro
12-05-2015, 04:34 PM
100m!

Bugger that! I set up 50m from the fryer :D

stevous67
12-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Okay that's enough, back to the DONUTS! It's a novelty, and I don't look at my screen all night thank you. I spread the majority of the night stargazing. My system is automated, ha!

See you there Alex,

Steve

rlow
12-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Thanks for your concern, Trevor.

We arrived last Saturday and we have done a road trip down the south coast to Narooma and Montague Island. Currently we are staying over in Jervis Bay. Will be heading over to Katoomba and Blackheath for next two nights before we stay over at Wiruna from Friday to Sunday.

Richard

andyc
13-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Sounds lovely :D The consolation is I'll be in Nowra that weekend (the wife's giving a talk to the local astronomy club), so I might squeeze in a little observing/imaging from a cosy place in Kangaroo Valley. Forecast cloud looks OK/edgy for me, good for ASNSW!

tlgerdes
14-05-2015, 06:23 AM
The day has arrived! Pack your bags and move'm out!

See you all soon.

strongmanmike
14-05-2015, 07:41 AM
That's wat am doin :D see you this arvo Tezza :thumbsup:

Mike

Camelopardalis
14-05-2015, 08:27 AM
:cool: :party2: :ship2:

rlow
15-05-2015, 10:07 AM
My wife and I dropped by yesterday Thursday 14 May at about 5pm.

We had no problem at all using Google Map on mobile line to find Wiruna Lot 7. We have two different car gps that could get us to Old Ilford Road but not Lot 7. Finding the house no. is easy because we could see many cars and camper from a distance. There were already about a hundred people on site, as I checked at the registration desk.

Lesa was really nice to help us register properly, as we had previously pre-registered on 1 Apr but the online booking system could not accept our entry because we are from Singapore but the registration sustem did not recognise Singapore as a single State.

We took some quick looks through the scopes. A nice guy called John somehow recognised me by name in the dark. He showed us some fabulous views of Tarantula Nebula, Eta Carinae Nebula, Omega Centauri and the Leo Triplet galaxies through his 18" SDM dob. I would have been really happy to hang there all night but my wife reminded me that we got to drive back to Blackheath, 1.5hrs drive away.

We will be back to stay for Friday to Sunday.

rlow
15-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Just to share some photos:

1. View of Main Observation Field. It was overcast at 5pm when we arrived.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5443/17023807073_654047f50d_c.jpg

rlow
15-05-2015, 10:28 AM
2. Registration Tent

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5456/17023811563_46e0aaecaa_c.jpg

stefang
18-05-2015, 05:40 PM
The EngineRoom.io boys would like to thank the organizers for a fantastic event. As our first dark sky experience, we were blown away by the viewing, the comraderie, and the 1939 Para port.

For those that we met, thank you for making us feel welcome.

We will be back next year.

Stefan :)

stevous67
18-05-2015, 09:59 PM
I did miss out on the 1939 port, being stuck at night in the yonder field, but had a great time with old and newly made friends. Appreciate the effort of Trevor to keep the yonder field apprised of donuts, and the great company of those around us [including Mark "the Froginator", Guy and Sam]. I enjoyed the enthusiasm of Stefan [Stefang?] and Nigel [?? - the guy with neat dreadlocks] with their motor home, comfy surrounds and Celestron armament - thanks for visiting us out in the yonder guys.

I emphasize the "yonder" because it definitely was right out the back. A quiet location with interesting number of high intensity white lights and cars driving around at all hours, but what heck.

The weather was quite acceptable, having a good spell of imaging time spread over the three nights [Mark, the Saturday night was about 45% clear, 35% cloudy, 20% full of sucker holes - so you were mostly right about that Easterly wind!]

Thanks to the organisers for their efforts, the scouts, and to Mike Sidonio for lots for help and advice for helping me ignore the noise in my images - cheers Mikie.

Made it home safely by Sunday night, 8:20pm, after a casual 10hour 30min drive. Thanks everyone!

Steve

mental4astro
19-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Thank you ASNSW for hosting this great event! :)

I came away meeting some extraordinary people, learnt so much, and got to share my passion for things astro.

I got a wonderful email this morning too from a participant who sat in on my sketching workshop. I managed to inspire Graeme so much that this morning he emailed photos of his first three sketches that he did! :D Such a wonderful compliment for me.

I also got a lot of wonderful feedback to on the instruments I build as Gondwana Telescopes. Kulali tickled a lot of people's fancy too, :D It was good to see people responding well to my asking them to actually take hold of the scopes and move them. Looking AT a scope is fine, but you only come to understand them fully if you are able to get a feel of their action. It is the quality of the action that takes up so much of the creative process in designing an instrument, and it is only by moving them that this is understood.

I have spoken to a few people about a sketching competition. With Trevor and Allan, we are thinking of not a competition for now, but a 'Gallery' of pieces. Comp's by their nature are aggressive, and we want to get people enthused with sketching, and illustration really, in its many forms. It is not only about photo-realism, but an impression too. If you are happy to lay down some graphic in what ever media takes your fancy, we would love to see it, and no judgements are made.

Rules? We are considering only two conditions: 1, max size A4, and 2, has to be an original piece not a copy of a photo. Nothing else.

We would love any feedback on this idea. I am not a member of the ASNSW committee, I am just helping out. Feedback can be sent to me, Allan or Trevor as he is the one who has access to the ear of the committee, :rolleyes: :) We really just want to see participation in this. The 'Spider on the Camera' photo in the imaging comp served to inspire a wider view on what illustration really has to offer astro, :)

Many thanks again ASNSW for such an event. I very much hope to be there next year.

Alex, aka Mental.

strongmanmike
19-05-2015, 07:21 PM

:lol: Yar welcome Victorian ;) was great to finally meet you and have that promised hug :love2:

Hearty congrats again on getting second place in the astro imaging awards too! :cool:

Great to hear...but hey, I drove 4hrs back to Canberra and after spraining my bloody ankle unloading my gear into the observatory (had Monday off icing and elevating it :doh:), I imaged until 6am :P (so I win :lol:)...my ankle still hurts though :sadeyes:

Another well run SPSP (my 12th now) by the tireless and efficient ASNSW guys :thumbsup:

Mike

stevous67
20-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Now that is dedication! And yes...you win. :bowdown:

Bye!

Steve

strongmanmike
21-05-2015, 11:56 AM
:lol: ah crazy astroimagers, a special breed....