View Full Version here: : perth astrofest

blink138
28-03-2015, 10:46 AM
have not seen any mention of this on these pages
any members attending tonight?
pat

alocky
28-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Hi Pat - I'll be there with my dob,and I'm still deciding whether or not to take along my old Unitron and the H-alpha scope. It's always a good crowd and a fun event.
Bring some cash, as there's a book for sale which is a compilation of the Astrofest astrophotography exhibitions compiled by John Goldsmith :-)
cheers,
Andrew

Oggie
28-03-2015, 03:13 PM
My daughter and I will be down for a look see.

blink138
28-03-2015, 03:51 PM
excellent guys
pat

mswhin63
28-03-2015, 04:22 PM
My eldest sons wedding today, so not sure if I can make it. Maybe late though

Steampunk
28-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Wish I had known about it as I probable would of gone, sounds like fun!

blink138
29-03-2015, 12:30 AM
there were some good scopes there guys!
there was a very long line on yours andrew all night! i really wanted to see jupiter through the fs 152 but most telescopes seemed to be just trained on the moon, which i suppose was understandable
pat

blink138
29-03-2015, 12:38 AM
oh there was some amazing astro pics too, a favourite subject was the cervante wide field shots, one in particular with the star trails though the limestone "hole" was absolutely stunning and three dimensional and the other one with the "desert sand" foreground and the milky way backdrop was especially nice
andrew your narrowband eagle was pretty amazing
pat

alocky
29-03-2015, 12:03 PM
It was a good night- lots of people and a very pleasant atmosphere. I had the Orion neb on for most of the night. People were queuing for 1.5 hours and seemed reasonably happy. Not many grumbles this year!
I was very impressed with the standard of astrophotography, especially the deep sky efforts of Paul Storey. The bar has been raised a lot higher now, both equipment and processing wise. I was very suprised at which image won the competition, but I guess the judges rewarded the amount of processing effort involved, and those sorts of opportuntites are rare. And thanks Pat for your kind words!
cheers,
Andrew.

blink138
29-03-2015, 05:58 PM
who won then andrew? cannot find it on the net
pat

alocky
29-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Actually it was my shot of Lovejoy against the Pleiades - I should have said pleasantly surprised! I honestly thought the standard of entry is remarkable - and hopefully there will be even more next year.
Cheers,
Andrew

blink138
29-03-2015, 08:18 PM
well done mate!, i had to peer of other peoples shoulders to see that one and i did not see the author, very good pic
pat

ReaPerMan
16-05-2015, 05:28 AM
I haven't been on IIS for ages and have been catching up with all the posts that I have missed or I would have posted earlier. Thanks for the compliment Andrew and your Lovejoy pic was excellent, very deserving of the first place. I'm happy with my peoples choice award and the excellent piece of glass looks nice in my front room with an LED under it!

All the best

Paul :thumbsup::thumbsup: