PDA

View Full Version here: : March 20th Total solar eclipse!

JB80
07-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Hey all,
I realise this one is one that is not going to be visible from Australia but any time there is a total eclipse it's a big deal.
Going on past discussions there may even be a few people heading to the Faroe Islands or Norway to catch this?

From where I am in Spain I'll probably be looking at 60%+ coverage and those in the UK can expect quite a bit more.

Still I'm getting quite excited for this, the wife has taken the day off and I'll have a couple of scopes set up weather permitting.
If not I'm sure then there will be many webstreams of the event to take advantage of.

N1
15-03-2015, 09:27 PM
We will attempt to observe Totality from near Faroe Islands.
I will report outcomes here, regardless of whether it's successful.

JB80
15-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi Mirko!

Regardless of the results I reckon you are in for a great trip. I will be looking forward to your report.

Things are not looking great here for this week, we get 300+ sunny days a year and this week is the one that is cloudy. I'm just hoping the forecast will change.

JB80
19-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Well things are not looking good here at 1 day out. The forecast is 100% rain with strong winds. Plus the rain we have had already has brought down half of the Sahara with it.
It's an orange mess out there.

N1
21-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Eclipse flight successful :eyepop:. Will follow up later.

paulsartory
21-03-2015, 07:34 PM
One day I am going to get to see one of these...one day!!!!:rofl:

sil
24-03-2015, 11:56 AM
in 4,854 days maybe? Sydney will be full of suspicious people carrying long tubes pointed at the sky. I think that'll be the best opportunity for me to capture a total solar (probably the best for aussies in general).