PDA

View Full Version here: : Alhena Mount

batobsresearch
02-02-2015, 02:23 PM
I have resurrected my Anssen Alhena as it use to be a great solid mount. But it is time to bring it up to scratch and make it goto. I would be happy to hear from anyone with an Alhena. I plan to add an FS2 controller to replace the old AT5000. I again would love to hear from people that have done this.

bert
02-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Take a look at sitech servo goto.

Looks like I will be installing a sitech system on an alhena soon. Sitech has a lot more tools that can be very handy.

netwolf
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Yes I think Sitech would be far better. This is a Servo Motor system though so if you have steppers you will need to change them. I have an unused Sitech its with a good mate in Mudgee at the moment on loan.

But if you have decent stepper motors on it already then you could look at this
http://www.astroeq.co.uk/purchase.php
It will work with EQMod running on a PC.
Its quiet cheap and will work with stepper motors, your slew speed will depend on the size/quality of motors you have.

batobsresearch
05-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the reply. After conversations with 'BERT' we decided that changing the stepper motors might be more of an engineering problem than just sticking with them. That would rule out SciTech. I do use EQMOD (and love it) on my EQ6. So heaps of thanks for the link to the astroEQ. I messaged them to enquire. I am no electrical engineer, so have likely asked them lots of 'dumb' questions about this for my mount. I have been offered an FS2, but that was before Christmas, and told it is boxed up ready to arrive,. but want to weigh up all my options. The Alhena was (and is still) a great mount. I am excited about the prospect of bringing it up to standard. (I also love my EQ6). Thanking everyone in advance for their support and advice.