PDA

View Full Version here: : cartes du ciel and eqmod

jenchris
26-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Ive recently changed over from handset to eqmod and cdc.
As a setup, I'm having a bit of a problem.
When I unpark I hit the sirius button and it goes there having been previously synched.
However when I then hit m42 it goes in a completely odd direction.
whats the routine for doing a 2 star alignment?
With the handset I get sub 4 min alignment and my phd2 graphs are sub pixel as below

Merlin66
26-01-2015, 08:36 AM
With EQmod just do multiple syncs to improve the GOTO.
The 2 or 3 star alignment etc. doesn't exist in EQmod
I regularly use EQmod/ CdC with the NEQ6pro. No drama no issues.

sheeny
26-01-2015, 08:41 AM
What Ken says is correct (as it usually is ;)), but I'd be concerned about it going in a "completely odd direction" to find M42.

I would suggest you check all your basic settings in EQMOD and CdC e.g. lat/long, hemisphere (yes, from memory there is separate setting for this - it doesn't work this out from the lat/long), etc.

If you do find a wrong setting, clear your previous alignment point on Sirius and start again.

Al.

Merlin66
26-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Al,
When you live as long as me, it gives plenty of time to make mistakes...
After 50 years in astronomy I'm still learning.
I just like it occasionally when there's an easy question to answer!;)

jenchris
26-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks - I'll give that some go.
Last few nights have been enough to get the first stars then the clouds oll in and I can't get diddly.
I live in a wierd spot.

Slawomir
26-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I have been using Eqmod and CdC for over a year and it works well with HEQ5 - this setup is very reliable for my needs; I can't imagine myself going back to the hand controller.

As Al suggested, double checking all settings and ensuring you have recent ASCOM drivers should help solving the issue.

jenchris
26-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Cool thanks

Amaranthus
27-01-2015, 08:27 AM
The dream combination is EQMOD + CdC + AstroTortilla. If you use the latter (plate solver) then every slew automatically becomes a sync in EQMOD too. It quickly gets you ultra-precise pointing, without any real need to even bother to save your pointing model from one session to the next.

traveller
29-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Just to add that you can save your points under EQMOD, assuming you are not moving the rig from one session to the next.
Expand the EQMOD panel, there is a save points list in the middle panel about half way down. Once you have aligned as many stars as you feel comfortable with, click the save list and save them. Then you can open up the saved list in the future.
Hope that works.
Bo

jenchris
29-01-2015, 09:28 PM
You guys are awesome.
Thanks a lot.
All I need now is a clear night.