PDA

View Full Version here: : Filters for QHY9

Somnium
13-01-2015, 09:10 PM
I have heard someone on this forum talking about an issue with the QHY filter wheel having issues with some filters such, e.g. the astronomik ones. I am thinking of getting this camera and wondered what filters people use and whether or not they have had any issues.

Manav
13-01-2015, 09:53 PM
I use the generic QHY9 Filters Not sure what kind of issues you are referring to? I use Baader H Alpha 7nm on my QHY9 FW and sure is a tight fit but it works (make sure you have long nails).

The classical LRGB came with the QHY9M and I think they are branded under Orange Bright filters. Haven't heard of Astronomic filters having issues with QHY9 am I missing something?

rustigsmed
13-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Hi Aidan,

I havent heard of any issue but be aware also that there are brand new QHY filter wheels out, so what you may think (whether it true or not) it is likely superceded anyhow.

cheers

ps the new QHY filter wheels you should be able to use the 36mm on the QHY9.

Somnium
14-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys, just something i saw on an older IIS thread.

Yugant, did you say that the QHY9 M comes with LRGB filters already? i didn't notice that on Theo's site.

rustigsmed
14-01-2015, 03:42 PM
it used to, not for quite some time I believe.

Manav
14-01-2015, 11:58 PM
I just went to Theo's site and checked the QHY9 page and noticed that 2" LRGB are no longer listed as part of the package. You may want to buzz him and ask if the LRGB filters are still available separately? Also check the QHY forums for filter brands and info.

Either way you don't need to worry about filters having issues with QHY FW or QHY9M. All 2" filters should fit so buy whatever brand you want down the track and go crazy! :)

TC

WingnutR32
23-01-2015, 11:04 AM
I have been using the QHY supplied 2" filters, which I believe are branded Orange Bright.. No issues with them, personally.