PDA

View Full Version here: : Web site keeps Closing down...Why?

ianB
11-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Hi,
Just thought I should mention that recently, over the last couple of months, nearly everytime I click on something, say a Forum for example, the Site shuts down, i.e the Browser closes and returns me back to the Home screen.
This has happened three times within the last several minutes of my being on this site, for example if I were to click a link on this site it will probally close down and return me to my home screen, I dont have this issue with other sites.
I dont know what the issue is but thought I should bring it to your attention.

Regards,

IanB

GTB_an_Owl
11-01-2015, 02:30 PM
time to run "malwarebytes' me thinks

geoff

ianB
11-01-2015, 09:06 PM
It only happens when I use This site, but nonetheless I will download your suggestion.

Thanks

ianB
11-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Just ran the scan and NO Malware found..............thankfully!

iceman
12-01-2015, 04:36 AM
Hi Ian

I'm quite certain it can't be an IceInSpace problem. Try a different browser and see if it happens?

ianB
12-01-2015, 06:14 PM
O.K I will do that, Thank you.
As no one else has this problem it must be like you say, i.e my Browser.

Regards,

IanB

Regulus
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Sounds like a browser problem and these particular ones a very annoying.
Firefox has decided that I shouldn't be able to click the link to take me to my Wall from the newsfeed successfully. To achieve this, now I have to right-click the link and open it in a new Tab or Window. How/Why this happens is a complete mystery to me.
If all else fails, backup your bookmarks etc, un-install and re-install the browser.

Good luck.

Trevor

glend
12-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Well, I don't know but I have a lot to dropout problems during logon - this is off my Android tablet mainly. Doesn't seem to matter whether I use Firefox or the default browser. It drops out when I try to enter my password. It sometimes takes several goes to get in , frustrating it is.

ianB
13-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks Trevor.

Yes Glen like you my device is an Android, a Galaxy tab 2 10.1

Anyway today I will download Google Chrome......again, first time it would not openso uninstalled it.

Regulus
13-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Glen try resetting Firefox. Firefox sync, across devices is so handy that, if there is a simple fix that doesn't mean renewing passwords, bookmarks etc., it is worth trying.

You could uninstall it and re-install (but save bookmarks as a .json file and reload them afterwards).
Hope you get it resolved quickly
Trev

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

ianB
15-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Finally found out what the problem is, its my Gmail app update.

When I uninstall the Gmail update this site works fine, but when I install the update problems arise.

Oh well, I'll just live with the older Gmail version.

Regulus
15-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Weird. Glad to hear it's resolved Ian.
xnotifier has been my goto addon for a few years to check my gmail and yahoo accounts. Might be worth a look.,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/xnotifier/?src=ss

ianB
15-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks, I will check that out now.

Regards,

ianB