PDA

View Full Version here: : Snake Valley Astro Camp March 20-22 2015

barx1963
18-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Snake Valley Camp 20-22 March 2015

As some may be aware, the "old" Snake Valley Astronomical Camps are no longer going ahead.
A few ex campers, after some discussion, have decided to start up a "New" Snake Valley Camp.
The date for the first camp will be March Friday 20th to March Sunday 22nd. At this stage we are still deciding whether to run the Monday night.

We still have some other things to sort out such as costs, but we are letting you all know well in advance so you can mark it in your calendars.

FAQS
Q. Is this being run by the Snake Valley Astronomical Association?
A. No, we have set up a new Association just to run the camps.

Q. So the old Association is no more?
A. The SVAA is still going, they are just not running the Camps. We STRONGLY urge any past or existing members to support the SVAA and their club nights.

Q. Who can attend?
A. Anyone, we are in the process of setting up a booking system via PayPal

Q. What are the costs going to be?
A. Our intention is to keeps the costs in line with past camps. We will be working through a costing in the next few days and will be posting info when it is finalised

Q. What about Monday nights?
A. Monday had the lowest attendance of any night, and as we have to pay a minimum fee for the venue it has always been a drag on the finances. If there is enough interest, we can certainly look at extending.

Q. What are the facilities?
A. The camp has several bunkhouses, kitchen, dining room, toilet and shower block and a rec. hall. Plenty of space for vans and tents.

Q. I am a visual observer and I have heard that the camp is all about imaging?
A. One of the best things about Snake Valley was that imagers and visual observers mixed happily and we will continue to encourage that.

Q. I am a beginner, can I come along?
A. Absolutely, being a smaller camp, beginners can feel very welcome. We are planning some activities for new campers.

Q. Do you have to camp or can I just come up for the night
A. Definitely, we will be welcoming any casual visitors, there may be a small fee if you are setting up equipment.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me via PM.

Malcolm