PDA

View Full Version here: : Anyone know of a vendor who makes an adapter for polarie polarscope to astrotrac

seeker372011
08-11-2014, 10:45 PM
As everyone acknowledges the astrotrac is pretty good piece of kit for what it is.

As everyone I think will also acknowledge the polarscope is rubbish while the Polarie polar scope is rather good.

Does anyone know of someone who makes an adapter to use the polarie polar scope on an astrotrac?
Think this would be a pretty good 3D printing project

Also ther would be many astrotrac users who would gladly pay something to be able to use a superior polar scope.

:shrug:

christian.ckr
12-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Hey Narayan,

I do not know of such a product but I use the polarie polar scope on my astrotrac and it works very well, I made the mistake of purchasing the astrotrac scope thinking it was sturdy and of good quality. I am very lazy and just sanded back the holder to fit the scope in but this has over time widened and now it sits loosely.

The yahoo astrotrac group has some tips where the polarie scope was taken apart and modified to fit the scope arm but I cant seem to manage to do it...

seeker372011
12-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Well it seems if nothing is readily available I will need to make my own..maybe design something and see if it can be 3d. Printed.

griz11
30-11-2014, 03:20 AM
If your polar scope is loose or out of alignment get some teflon pipe dope. Its very thin you can wrap it or use chunks for alignment then wrap a single layer over that.

Another good polar scope is the Kenko. The one Losmandy uses. Maybe it would be the correct size to fit the mount. Its pricy but very accurate.

I have all Astrotrac except the actual tracker. I really like their wedge and pier. Lots of weight capacity but very lightweight. Almost bought their tracker but I wanted something I could use for a motorized panning head for timelapse so I went with a different one.

The kenko/losmandy has two diameters. Its thinner towards the objective end. Maybe one of them would be the correct size. I can measure mine for you if you like.

Griz