PDA

View Full Version here: : Need Custom adapters for new scope.

netwolf
18-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi All,

Recently acquired a used Pentax 125EDHF scope, this was replaced by the SDHF and more recently the SDP. I am in need of a 60.2mm to 50.8mm 2" adapter so I can use 2" or adapt down to 1.25" diagonal with the scope. The adapter it came with is quiet long and am unable to reach focus with a diagonal the 1.25" will just hit focus for certain longer fl EP's but not for lower fl ones.

Anyone know if anyone in Australia can make these?

Thanks and Regards
Fahim

LewisM
18-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Fahim,

I have a Pentax SDUF II - the "issues"are similar. For visual, I either go stright through "Japanese style" with the Pentax snoot, or I also have a Custom made adapter which then steps to a Baader click lock for "normal" use.

The adapter was made by Steve Brennan I believe, but I also am having my machinist in Brisbane make a couple of adapters too in the Pentax style.

netwolf
18-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Lewis that's great I have not been able to gather much info on the 125edhf, seems very rare no pictures of it at all. Do you have any information on the 125edhf?

As for the adapter via Google I found very little but one refered to that was made by Optcorp OS-PS2 but it's not on there site anymore. Also one Japan website where who is custom making a zero profile adapter but waiting on information about stock and how to pay. But this i am not sure is the right one or not, as it is for the 75edhf. But a custom made local one sounds ideal.

Can you provide some further info to me via pm regarding how I might also get one , would really appreciate that. Also what is the bader option, do you have a link to this? Is it sold in Australia?

Thanks and Regards
Fahim

LewisM
18-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Fahim,

I will send you Hugh's details. Can you photograph the focuser of your please so can compare some dimensions etc. The one I have uses the Pentax rotatable collar, but with a Vixen M60 female thread so I can fit a Baader Vixen Click Lock, and also use Vixen spacers etc which I have plenty of.

The SDUF uses a helical focuser but I think yours uses a standard Rack and Pinion?

LewisM
18-10-2014, 07:11 PM
BTW, here's an adapter I drew up and my machinist is making for my SDUF - follows the "lines" of the original snoot style, and is rotatable.

If this suits, you could have my machinist make you one. His charge was about $180 I believe for this one (fairly complicated), and he charges $25 for every thread cut.

netwolf
19-10-2014, 03:14 AM
Lewis will take some photos and post.
Mine is a R&P also unlike the newer models my adapters are pushfit with thumbscrew only no thread on the inside or outside.
I would like a non snoot style like these ones
http://telescodeliver.blogzine.jp/kousakukoubou/2014/06/pentax-zero-len.html
One is zero profile fits within , the other has a lip and threaded for borg m57 fittings. But both are straight tubes. With snoot design you add distance due to the gradient. I would like a fit within as this adds no length and would then allow for a diagonal. I prefer diagonal for visual as it's easier to use with refractors. Looking straight through can be straining on the neck

netwolf
19-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Btw in my searching I came across this website , seems if you have a cad drawing this place can 3d print for you.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1167855/t-ring-to-telescope-adaptor.html?materialId=25

LewisM
19-10-2014, 10:00 AM
None are threaded Fahim - but the adapters are either threaded onto the push-in rings, or made as-is without the thread.

The fit is SO tight that air pressure must be removed in pushing them in!!! I always take off the dust caps, otherwise they blow-off when inserting the snoot etc.

So, what I mean is the adaptation onto the focuser tail is PUSH fit. If it is made as a complete unit, then fine, but if you want other adapters, it is better to thread another adapter to the push-fit plate.

I posted more pics on CN.

netwolf
20-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Lewis added pics on CN
http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/477883-pentax-125-edhf-800mm-f64/?p=6262517

OzEclipse
20-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Netwolf,

It says the adaptor will be printed in nylon. Nylon probably won't have sufficient tensile strength to hold the weight of your camera without flexure. Have one machined from aluminium.

Joe

netwolf
20-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Joe missed that. Thx