PDA

View Full Version here: : T-Rings

JohnH
23-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

I have a T-ring for connecting my Canon20d to my Vixen VC200L, it has a fair bit of play in it though and when I examined the ring I found the latch point for the lens mount is a U shaped channel which is oversized and allows the rotational play, the Canon lenses have a circular hole that matches the latch much more closely. My question is - are there better quality T-rings out there - if yes where do I get one?

EzyStyles
23-08-2006, 12:11 PM
hi john, is a t-ring same as a t-adapter? (newbie alert)

David
26-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Hi john, Celestron do a t-ring for canon EOS, I have one for my 350D and it is a nice fit the Part No is #93419. I hope that helps.

JohnH
26-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I might try one of those - I have two they both suffer the same problem and allow rotation of the camera after the "click"...

JohnH
26-08-2006, 08:34 AM
You will need one when your 350 arrives....

[1ponders]
26-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi Eric, check the attached photo. This arrangement is for an SCT so it will differ for your newt, but the T Mount Adapter is what is known as the "T" Ring. In case you aren't aware, the "T" is a pretty standard thread used for connecting equipment to telescopes, except for SCTs where they just had to go out on their own and have "C" thread at the visual back of the telescope. Hence the need for the "T" adapter. The male end is "T" to go into the "T"ring and the female end is "C" for the SCT end.

So while you will need a "T" Ring for your camera, you won't need the SCT "T" Adapter (ignore "should have come with your scope" as I'm rehashing this image I've used before :P ) . You will however need the corresponding to go into our Newt focuser (similar to the SC adapter on the left)

The last photo is obviously for a refractor where the "T"mount adapter screws directly to the "T" thread of the scopes 1.25" adapter.

EzyStyles
26-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Got it already :) right next to me.

EzyStyles
26-08-2006, 05:19 PM
thanks for your help Paul . And the T-ring has threads for 2" filters?