PDA

View Full Version here: : Ignore list

peter_4059
09-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Is there a way to add a user to an ignore/spam list so you don't have to view threads started by them in the new posts search?

troypiggo
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Left hand menu in user control panel,
edit ignore list.
Wouldn't know if it works or not.
I haven't found a need for it.
Seems like you have.
Make sure it's not me or I'll cry.

peter_4059
09-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Cheers Troy - I've tried that but I still see these posts in the "new posts" list. I'd like them to disappear completely. Is that possible?

troypiggo
09-09-2014, 07:37 PM
No idea mate.

iceman
10-09-2014, 04:20 AM
I would've expected that to hide all of them

h0ughy
10-09-2014, 06:35 AM
no it doesnt as i did that just recently and unfortunately they still keep coming up with regularity

mental4astro
11-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Mike, just how exactly did you expect the ignore function to work/appear for us? This question is not meant maliciously at all. I have a couple of persons on my ignore list, and I see the threads they start, their names (but not their actual posts) as a poster on a thread, and I see their name in "who's on line". Really, I don't want to see them at all. Other than not seeing any of the actual words they may post in a thread, and not get any PM's from them, they are still very much in my face.

I can understand that some sort of reference to the number of postings done in a thread needs to be maintained, but does the blasted name of the people on my ignore list need to be posted? Can't that space just say something like "poster omitted" or something like that? and the thread posts numbering sequence is maintained.

iceman
12-09-2014, 03:45 AM
It's a built-in VBulletin function, so it works as it was designed by them I guess. Obviously not well enough though :)

Kunama
12-09-2014, 04:37 PM
The other problem is that others can still "quote" the 'ignored user' and make their posts appear in threads. :mad2:

I guess I will just have to become more tolerant !!!! :D