PDA

View Full Version here: : Maksutov 102/1300

asmarino
17-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone,I have the Skywatcher maksutov 102/1300 and I'd appreciate some suggestions;my goal is to make some photos and video clips of the moon and the planets(jupiter,saturn).What would be the best setup for the prime focus astrophotography:what eyepiece?what barlow?I have the Olympus Pen EP2 and the Nikon D3200

thanx

KenGee
17-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Hi you have not said what type of mount? you will need a motorised eq mount.
Best to start with prime focus astrophotography get a adaptor for your Nikon D3200 thats fits your focusser 1 1/4 or 2 inch.

try taking a picture and post on here for tips. good luck

asmarino
17-08-2014, 10:46 PM
I have motorized EQ3 skywatcher mount......

Julie1
19-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi, I have a Skywatcher 102 mak on a Nexstar SLT mount which I use to photograph the moon. I have an Olympus Pen EPM1 which I use at prime focus with a micro 4/3 t ring adapter. These adapters are very hard to get. I managed to get a couple from Astro Optics in Sydney. The 102 will fit the whole moon in the camera's field of view so I can use this at any time during the moon's phases. The same goes for the sun. The planets are a little more difficult with this small scope as at prime focus, the images are tiny. I have more luck using a camera projection eyepiece and using extension tubes to make the image bigger. Hope this helps.