PDA

View Full Version here: : Breaking my gearbox dramatically improved my PE, um excuse me?

White Rabbit
06-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Unless I'm reading this wrong, I've come down from a PE of about 12 down to 1.69.

After updating my Gemini I didnt read the bit where is says the limits would be reset. Needless to say the mount collided with gear box and snapped the to of the gear box off. Problem is that the gearbox housing holds the motor in place.
I removed the whole assembly worm block and all. Polished the worm with a dremel (this propbably has something to do with the decrease in Pe as well). Popped it back on the mount but the gear box house was still very loose and you could move the motor around quite a bit. I got a cable tie and tied the motor to the one piece worm block to help support it.

Did a PE run last night and nearly lost my mind...

I did a run of 9 worm cycles, created a curve then up loaded it to the Gemini. Then did a run of another 4 cycles with PE turned on added the curves and hey presto.

I wont believe until I actually get out and test it tonight. I've had pec curves i the past that have made thing worse when they should have made things better.

Cheers.

ZeroID
06-08-2014, 09:35 AM
What ever you do, don't touch it. :P

wasyoungonce
06-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm off to break mine soon!:lol:

Poita
06-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Obviously the damping effects of the cable-tie-coupler(TM) have a great effect on PE.
;)

LewisM
06-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Either that or the gears aren't contacting the worm any more :P :scared3:

White Rabbit
06-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm about to give it a spin tonight so I'll see if really is true.

Cheers

ZeroID
07-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Flick ! <whizz whizz, whizz > bugga .. ! It spins alright, it just don't stop..:rofl:

blink138
07-08-2014, 10:41 AM
ooh!................ i am going to break mine!!
pat