PDA

View Full Version here: : Polar alignment with AVX hand controller

Julie1
29-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi,

Has anyone tried to do a polar alignment using the feature on the hand controller of the Celestron AVX mount?
I have tried a number of times following the steps in the manual but to no avail. It is getting very frustrating.

Thanks

SteveInNZ
29-07-2014, 11:08 AM
There was a firmware problem with the All Star Polar Alignment function in the southern hemisphere on the AVX mount. I can't tell you if it's been resolved. Try looking on the Celestron site or asking their product support. They have acknowledged that it exists though.

Steve.

Julie1
29-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks Steve. I'll do that.

athua
29-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Yes, there is currently a bug in the All Star Polar Alignment for the Southern Hemisphere in all the Nexstar+ hand controllers and not just the AVX mount. The older Nexstar hand controllers did not have this problem. If you have a laptop which you can connect to your hand controller, you can try using the PC software version of the Nexstar controller called NexRemote to polar align the mount as a work-around.

The engineers at Celestron have acknowledged the issue and have said that they are working on it (been going for over a year now) and hopefully they will have a fix soon.

You can join up on Team Celestron to get beta firmware updates when they are available:

http://teamcelestron.com