PDA

View Full Version here: : Paramount ME II

l3gendluk3
01-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I am having trouble working out how to route a power cable through the mount. Does anyone have any access to a tutorial that explains how I can do this?

Thanks,

Luke

el_draco
01-07-2014, 05:42 PM
There is a procedure for doing this in the user guide. Have you looked there?

PRejto
01-07-2014, 07:56 PM
The procedure is fairly simple. From memory first remove the cover plate at the junction of the polar axis and dec axis. Then use a long cable tie to which you can attach your cable using some masking or electrical tape. I have found using tape an easier way to thread things through. So, push the cable tie through the polar axis going around the outside of the dec axis. This can take some fussing with but it should go through pretty easily. Then rotate the dec axis until you see the opening to feed the wires through running up to the top of the mount. I leave some slack at that point to avoid stressing the cables. You can feed the cable tie through the dec shaft opening, or just feed the wire if it is stiff enough. Once it's up to the top you will probable need to partially remove the versa-plate to get the cable into the channel leading to the control panel. Just be careful not to pinch the cable resetting the versa-plate.

Peter