PDA

View Full Version here: : Moonlite and FCUSB

Grimmeister
26-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

A quick question for anyone that owns or has used this set up before?

I have purchased a Moonlite focuser for my RC8, it arrived very quickly and I can see why these have such a great name. I also purchased the DC Motor option (I simply cannot afford the Stepper motor option at $250 above the cost I paid).

What I would like to know is if the FCUSB from Shoestring will power and control the DC motor of the Moonlite focusers, they seem to have changed the DC motor design in the last year or two from the silver barrel model to the black encased model as per the attached image.

The new motor is 12v and while Shoestring say the Moonlite's motors will work I suspect this was on the old motor.

Has anyone got the new DC Motor as per the attached image and are you using an FCUSB to power and operate it? if so how do you rate it?

Many Thanks

Anthony

Grimmeister
03-07-2014, 01:41 PM
For anyone wanting to know, the answer is no these do not work with the new motors.

Cheers

Anthony

h0ughy
03-07-2014, 03:46 PM
anthony i bought the PC computer link and control box for the original moonlight focuser motor option and never got to useit - i had to send the focuser back to have the stepper motor added as the other one died on me. that option may work with yours that i have? i bought it from rigel systems http://www.rigelsys.com/ - will provide a photo of the two boxes later. i never used them

h0ughy
03-07-2014, 08:49 PM
here is the controller

Grimmeister
09-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Hi David,

I believe your head off to Astrofest in a couple of weeks? if so I will be there as well and would be most grateful if you could bring this up with you so I could test it.

If it works do you have any idea on a price you would want for it?

Cheers

Anthony