PDA

View Full Version here: : Stellarium

SingleWord
18-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Is it possible to make Stellarium a movable window?
Everytime it opens as full screen and I need to exit in order to work on other screen/apps/windows.

JB80
18-05-2014, 06:28 PM
On the bottom row of icons there should be a little square with 4 arrows coming from the corners of the square. That is the icon you need to expand and make it into a window.

It's full screen mode, or simply press F11.

Hope that helps. :)

noeyedeer
18-05-2014, 09:45 PM
or alt-tab between programs

SingleWord
19-05-2014, 10:42 AM
It works perfectly.
Thanks Jarrod.

SingleWord
19-05-2014, 11:28 AM
In addition, I searched Jupiter but Stellarium showed recommended "Ghost of Jupiter" on the list only. So I found difficulty in locating the real Jupiter.

Barrykgerdes
19-05-2014, 12:02 PM
When you search for an object all objects using the letter combinations will show in the window with the main one highlighted. To highlight other selections use the "Tab" key

When you have the display set up to your liking and position of the window, open the configuration window and press save settings. The window will be movable with the mouse but will always start at the position it was in when you saved.

If you have a real fast computer and want to run multitasks edit the configuration file in your user area and find the [video] section and change the minimum_fps to 3 or 4 so that the screen only needs to update at a slow rate while you are not doing anything in Stellarium.

Barry

SingleWord
19-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Hi Barry, no the Tab key does not work in my Stellarium. Yes, did search for Jupiter and it locates Ghost of Jupiter, then press Tab key but no effect, just stayed at the Ghost.

Barrykgerdes
19-05-2014, 02:36 PM
What version of Stellarium do you have. It should work OK in 0.12.4. There have been reports of this previously but re-installation of Stellarium has fixed the problem.

Barry

lazjen
19-05-2014, 08:06 PM
You must still have focus in the field where you entered Jupiter for the tab to work. Also note, it may not respond immediately, there can be a lag.

SingleWord
20-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Ah...my bad.
I pressed the tab key after I went back to the main window.
Now I stayed in the search window and pressed tab key and it works.

Thanks.