PDA

View Full Version here: : Hutech Hinode solar guider?

h0ughy
12-02-2014, 04:44 PM
has anyone seen or heard of some one wiht one of these ?

Hutech Hinode SG
HSG-1 Hinode Solar Guider with Paddle

axle01
12-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah I have one and have had it for 2 weeks now and the sun hasn't been seen since I got it but it came out full time today, I hope to give it a run this weekend with our club president and hopefully do a review.

Al

h0ughy
12-02-2014, 09:40 PM
if i can be so rude - how much did they charge for shipping? Look forward to your review - earnestly!!!:D

axle01
13-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I'll have to check but total cost at my door in Aussie dollars was $900,,,,and I'm looking forward to the sun coming out full time, overcast here again today.

Al

h0ughy
13-02-2014, 08:42 AM
thanks for that

frolinmod
14-02-2014, 01:13 AM
I have one here. It works extremely well.

h0ughy
14-02-2014, 06:43 AM
and how do you run yours? any setup pics?:D

frolinmod
14-02-2014, 02:59 PM
There's really not much to see. I either set it in the middle position on a side-by-side bar with velcro when using two scopes or screw it to OTA ring when using just one scope. There are lots of mounting possibilities. USB cable goes to my RIGrunner 4004 USB for power, RJ11 cable goes to the guider port on the mount and PS2 cable goes to the hand controller. I select the middle aggressiveness setting for best results, calibrate and it just plain works. So far it only works with my AZ-EQ6 in EQ mode, not AZ mode. I can't get it to successfully calibrate in AZ mode. Could be the mount's guider port doesn't work in AZ mode?

h0ughy
14-02-2014, 03:19 PM
ok thanks

oclab
05-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Hello,

I have developped a small application for my setup in order to guide on the sun during many hours. For few weeks, i prepare a new release, named LuSol-guide, of this software, able to work with many camera, a small finder and with ascom compatible mount.
Are you interested by such a software? In This case, i could consider to finish it and distribute this one for 20$, for example. Tell me please what do you think about that for our hobby ?

Regards,
Olivier

h0ughy
05-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Oliver,:welcome:
it sounds great but to be honest I would like to see what the programme is first as well as examples and how you have it set up? if it works the way you say it does then i would gladly pay for it? but there is the click - need to establish some credentials and validation first:question::thanx:

Where are you from and I take it you do some solar work? does the software work with ascom drivers for cameras? is it like PDH? do you have some screen shots?

oclab
05-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Hello,

Sorry for my english, but clearly it is not my goal to ask money sit houri présent it ! My post was to ask it could be interesting that i work in order to transform my first version (really not well coded, working just for mysetup, dmk and eq6) into an 'industrial' version for use with many camera and mount (ascom).
In fact, like i said, i had begun this work and i hope propose this soft on the web in the next weeks. In this case, i will prepare a small website with screenshots, evaluation version etc...
If you want, i can send you by anticipation a version of my software to be a beta tester in few weeks ?

Thanks
Olivier

h0ughy
05-03-2014, 06:40 PM
be happy to - if you have a hunt around on this web site you will find the observatory and the solar work i have a hack at

Merlin66
05-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Olivier,
There are many active solar observers in Australia who may be interested in your software.
What's the minimum hardware requirement?
You mentioned a finder, guide camera and Ascom mount.
What set-up have you actually been using for testing??
(Your English is very good, much better than my French!!)

oclab
05-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi,

my setup at the moment is EQ6, Finder 50mm Orion, and DMK21. I can auto guide on the sun for many hours with my personal version of the soft. So, the main goal is to rewrite the software to take into account ASCOM mount (and too GPUSB interface) => that is ok. And to take into account many webcam with Directshow => that seems ok also. I must rewrite now the tracking algorithm (again few hours to develop that) and finally, I must validate on the sun.
The new version will be an executable for windows (written in Visual Basic) (my first version was just python script and not easily portable on other system).

Who would want to be beta tester ? I search one or 2 interested persons : if it is your case, you can contact me at : astroc "at" free "dot" fr => I send you an experimental version of the soft as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Olivier

oclab
05-03-2014, 08:50 PM
here is some animation taken the previous summer with my auotguider :
http://www.astro-gresivaudan.fr/album/view_image.php3?choix_theme_album=S OLEIL&choix_image=img_399
http://www.astro-gresivaudan.fr/album/view_image.php3?choix_theme_album=S OLEIL&choix_image=img_401
http://www.astro-gresivaudan.fr/album/view_image.php3?choix_theme_album=S OLEIL&choix_image=img_402
http://www.astro-gresivaudan.fr/album/index_album_generique.php3?choix_th eme_album=SOLEIL&nb_affichage=20

Regards,
Olivier

h0ughy
05-03-2014, 09:15 PM
you have some great work there. email sent

allan gould
05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Oliver
You are to be congratulated for your efforts. There are indeed many on IIS that would be interested in your program and I would urge you to peruse it further.
Allan

I.C.D
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
G"Day Oliver,
Well done great shots hope to see more.

Ian C :thumbsup:

oclab
12-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Hello,

I propose now my first version of LuSol-Guide. It has been tested with various cameras and mount, but maybe there are still some bugs...
So you can (must!) download first the evaluation version, and after if all is ok, you can buy the complete version.
All is here :
http://www.oc-lab.fr

Thank you !

Olivier